Chapter 41: Home Alert

A/N: I do not support guns or anything related. This is just a dramatic chapter I decided to write to get the excitement going. Also, I know most of you, read the story and don't vote, but... c'mon guys! VOTE! ☆

End

A Day Later:

"Daniela, I seriously don't want to talk about this." I shake my head, sipping the Lavender Wine, Rob bought.

For some reason, it was very necessary for Daniela to buy a wedding magazine.

"But you never talk about it." She pouts.

"Because it's 8 months away."

She turns in the stool, "So?"

I sigh. "Fine. Let me see."

9:12pm

"Daniela had me looking at magazines all day." I explained to Rob about my day with Daniela when he got home from his meeting.

"Magazines about what?" He asks from the bathroom.

I lay on the bed with my pajamas already on. I'm playing games on Rob's phone while he showers. Poppa Pear Saga.

"Weddings."

I hear him giggle in the shower. "Where is she now?"

"Sánchez and her left. I don't know, where and I don't really care. But they're not coming back until tomorrow, late."

The shower goes off. Rob appears in the room naked with only his towel wrapped around his hips.

"They really hit it off, huh?" He walks in the closet.

"I guess. I've never seen her like this, though. All wide eyed, googly, over a guy." I shake my head, causing a Poppa Pear to fall the wrong way. "Damn. I lost." I pout.

Rob comes out of the closet with only his boxers on. He turns everything off, and lies beside me. I scoot closer, laying my head on his chest. His arm wraps around my back, taking his phone from me as I offered it to him.

"It's late. We need to sleep." He says, placing his phone on the night table.

I snuggle closer to his chest. Smelling his own body perfume and the smell of his body wash. I concentrate on his slow breathing, his chest rocks my head up and down, as his breathing slows. Soon, I am slipped into deep sleep.

----------

"Erick?" I could see my brother far away in this white room. I can barely recognize his face. I step closer. Oh he's shaved. That's new. My brother was always scruffy with a beard.
What's also weird is... He's dressed in all white. Staring at me.
In this white room. This empty room. I look around to my surroundings. This room... Has no door. I can't figure out if it has a ceiling or floor. Everything is bright and white.
I look down at myself. I'm all dressed in white, too. That's so weird. I glance back at my brother. He's fading away. But I feel like I need to tell him something. Like he needs to tell me something.
"Erick!" I yell.
He blinks once.
"Erick!" I called out louder.
He turns around. I try to run. I try to walk to him but something held me back. I couldn't move. Anger rages through me. Why can't I move?
I try again.
Ugh. I'm stuck. Or glued to the floor.
My brother is leaving! "Erick!" I yell louder.
He opened his mouth to say something but he vanishes into thin air.
Something tips me off my feet and I collapse to the floor. Where did he go? I needed to say something to him! But I don't remember what.
The room suddenly turned black. Pitch black. I felt cold and scared. I was alone but I didn't feel totally alone. Someone is here. But who?
I need to get out of here. To protect something and make sure it's safe, but I can't remember what, either.
I touch the floor under me. It feels like glass. I knock on it, making it thump. Yes, it's glass.
But why is the floor glass? I've never seen that. Wouldn't I be able to see under it, if it were glass?
My thoughts get sidetracked by a cracking sound. Oh no.
I hesitantly get up on my feet. The cracking sound, pierces through the room, again. Where is it coming from? I look around but I can't see anything. Everything is black.
The cracking sound, goes off, again. This time it doesn't stop and it gets closer and closer. In my head I say, "This is it. It's the end for me. For us. Say goodbye."