Chapter 45: Woah

10:00am

  "So what do we do? Wha-what can we do?" Rob kept pacing back and forth in the room, running his hands through his hair. He isn't furious but he's terrified and that's what makes him mad.

  I was sitting on the bed with my head in my hands, denying this. This could not be happening.

  "I don't know what to do." I shook my head.

  "Call Kourtney. Lets call Kourtney!" He yells.

  Rob runs pass me to his phone. Geez. All of this is giving me a headache. And it's making me feel queasy in my stomach.

  "Kourtney. I nee-We need your help." Rob says.

  "Uh... Ca-Can you... Um. Bring Eli a... Uh... Pregnancy test?... I'm dead serious... No I'm not kidding. Yes! Kourtney, yes!" After he hung up, he groaned loudly.

  I peek at him, scared of what he might say to me. His eyes were filled with confusion and worry. I had to stop myself before saying something. I seriously don't know what to do. Rob is a very unpredictable person. What if he's taking this the wrong way.

  I knew there was a possibility of this happening but...

  "Rob lets just wait to be sure that I'm pregnant or not." I say quietly.

  He runs a hand through his hair, sighing.

  "Eli. Did you stop taking those pills any earlier than you think you did?" He sits besides me.

  "No. Maybe... Maybe the last one didn't last long? I don-I don't know."

  "Well, shit."

  Kourtney got here quickly, thank goodness. The silence between Robert and I was unbearable. I had no clue what to do or say for the moment. Everything was still. Somehow, I managed to go downstairs, say hi to Kourtney and grab the bag.

  My hand is trembling and I have goosebumps all over my body. I'm scared to even look at them in the eye. These people. These rich, humble, famous people who I've grown to love.

  Oh, God. I am terrified right now. I have no clue how to do this. I've never taken a pregnancy test. What the fuck do I do?

  "Uh.. Um... I don't... Uh." I stuttered quietly.

  "Come on. I'll show you how to do it." Kourtney dragged me upstairs to the bathroom. She closed the door after I got in and locked it.

  "Go on. To the toilet." She shooed me.

  I turned with the bag, still in my hands and went to the toilet.

  "Okay. This is what you do."

  Kourtney went through all of the rules and ways I have to do it before turning around to let me pee.

  "Go on." She hurried.

  I let the pee out and counted in my head for five seconds.

  After five seconds, I held the stick in my hand and waited until I was done.

  Kourtney turned and took the stick from me while I cleaned myself. I feel awkward and embarrassed, even.

  "Okay. Now we wait three to five minutes." She breathed placing the stick on the bathroom counter.

  I pace back and forth in the damn bathroom. These are the longest three to five minutes of my life. I might be pregnant. Oh God! I might be pregnant!

  With Robert's baby. Aww. I get a warm feeling in my insides as it hit me. Robert's own baby. And it's mine, too. Oh, he'll be so cute. He? It could be a girl, too. Aw. A pretty little girl.