Chapter 35: Keeping Up With The Puertoricans (Part One: Barbecue)

A/N: Sorry it took me so long. This is a long ass chapter and my best friend is staying with me for a week and... I got distracted but here it finally is!! Hope You All Had A Happy Thanksgiving ♡

Chosen Song For This Chapter:
Reunite For The Night - Logic

End

For Rob, it was weird when I started talking in spanish. He gets mesmerized by how easy and smooth I speak it. He enjoys listening to my spanish conversations. Even though, whenever I said, 'Robert', he'd get tense.

Amazingly, Rob and my guy cousins and brothers got along great. I haven't seen them in so long. I jumped on my oldest brother, Javier, when I saw him.

"Oh! It's so good to see you, man." He said in his Southwest, Detroit accent.

"It's good to see you, too. How are my babies?" I had an arm around him while we conversated about my nephew, Ivan and my niece, Analia. I haven't met them, yet. And he didn't bring them, since it was short notice. But he said that for the wedding, they'll meet me.

On another note, when Erick went to sit with my sister and her daughter, Jacie, Javier and I started to comment on Erick.

"Erick is fine, Eli. Don't worry about him."

"I'm just worried that he's not doing well, you know? He's always been so spaced out." I narrowed my eyes. I'm worried about my brother, he's been through so much, that he's just... Gone. He's not the same, as he use to be. I have a feeling it's because of all of the drugs he's taken, when he was in college.

"Chillax, Eli. Look, if you want, go talk to him." He offered, noticing that I was thinking a lot about it.

I nod turning to Rob and my cousin Tito, who are talking about cars. Typical, isn't it?

"Hey. I'm gonna go talk to my brother." I say to Rob. He nods, kissing my cheek and goes back to his conversation.

My steps are quick and I get to my brother. He's feeding my niece, Jacie some cake. She's two. Erick has always been closer to my nieces, Analia and Jacie. I've only been able to meet, Jacie. That was today.

I grab her and put her on my lap sitting down next to Erick. He smiles up to me.

"Hey. Oh, um. Sorry I didn't go up there to say hi and congrats. I don't want to be filmed." His eyes narrow.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it." I pat his hand.

"Are you happy?" Erick glanced at me. His voice is kind.

"Yes." I smile.

"Good." He nods, smiling after a moment.

"Are you?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Sure. Uh... I'm glad I got to see you." He smiles.

"Me too. I missed my brother." I admit.

"I missed my annoying little sister. But she's not little anymore, now she's all grown up. And engaged. To Robert Kardashian." He spaced.

I giggle. Yeah, those are all facts and true. "When are you getting married?" I tease.

"I don't think marriage is for me." He shakes his head in denial.

"Why not?"

"Eli, some people are not meant for a happily ever after."

My eyebrows furry. "Of course they are. Just look for it. Don't give up." I get up setting Jacie next to him. I rub his shoulders and smile.

"Yeah." He taps my hand and starts giving Jacie her cake.