Chapter 10: Good In Goodbye?

4:16pm

I'm in the bathroom. Putting on one of the bathing suits, Rob baught me. He said he won't get in the pool. But he changed in shorts and a t-shirt with shoes. When he came out of the bathroom, he looked at me shyly.

Part of me knows it was because he doesn't feel good about himself. He feels as if, everything he wears, doesn't look good on him. My heart is in my throat. Of course that pisses me off but it's Rob and I know I need to support him into feeling good about himself.

Why is he so doubtful about me and everything else? Who made him this way? What happened that he just... Fell. Oh yeah, I remember. Adrienne.

But something else is missing. Something else happened that he isn't the same way he was before his weight gain.

I came out the bathroom without my robe on, just my bikini. Almost naked, decided, maybe I can lighten up his mood. To make him smile and laugh. Somewhere, in there, he is still the careless, fun and happy Rob. He just needs the right people to make him feel that way.

I peek at him. He is eating his salad. I look away, smiling. His face, reaveals how much he hates salads. His nose scrunching everytime he filled his mouth with more green icky stuff.

I put my other clothes in one of the bags on the other side of the bed. Crouching down, so that only my back and head is visible to Rob. The bag makes a soft noise that I know, made Rob turn his head.

"Um. Eli." He said. I turn to him, holding a smile. "Put on your robe." He said.

I get up from the side of the bed looking at him. My body visible to him, now.

His eyes squint, in a menace way. What is he thinking? Wouldn't I love to know.

"I like how it looks on me." I said. The polka dots go well with my skin tone.

"Good." Never taking his eyes off me, he takes another nose scrunching bite.

We both smile at each other. I suddenly remember our little scene just minutes ago. My body trembles.

The robe is around me, now. I tie it around my small waist. My hair was still in a bun like earlier.

We stared at each other. A small smile rising from the corners of his lips. Rob should kiss me. Yes, he should.

"Ready?" He asked.

"For what?" My voice teasing him.

Before speaking he giggled. "Stop."

"Stop, what?"

Raising an eyebrow, he got up and step towards me. His arms moved fast. All of a sudden I am getting man-handled into Robs thick tatted arms. Now he holds me sideways, like a baby or like a husband holds a wife when they're recently married. I shudder away from those thoughts.

"Stop, teasing." He says fast.

"And if I don't?" I said with a little voice. I wish I had more confidence in my words.

"In that case then..." Setting me down on the bed, he got on top of me. "I will tease you back." Can I die now? He winks.

"But I won't." He said frowning.

Disappointment hovers over me. "Why?" And I fail at hiding it away from my voice.

"Eliany, if it wasn't for Khloé, I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from earlier. I told you already. I don't want that with you. Not now." His palm caresses my cheek. Soothing away my disappointment and bringing in consideration and understanding. I nod and he smiles.