Chapter 7: A Day Out With The Star

Rob and I were able to hit the highway without anyone following us.

"We got lucky." Rob commented.

"Why lucky?" I asked.

Rob looked at me with a funny gleam in his eyes. It made me smile.

"Why you smiling?" He grabbed my hand. "Usually, paps are fast enough to get in their cars and follow me."

"I see." I said.

"Eli." Rob called out after a moment.

"Rob?" I encouraged.

"Lets just go on a road trip and if we see a mall on the way then we'll stop there." He brought my hand to his lips and kissed it softly.

"That's okay with me." I said.

"Alrighty then."

Our road trip was the funnest out of all. I saw how cute, nice and special Rob is. He is a very blessed person and I admired that from him. His way of goofing was my favorite. Taking personal things not personal at all and just be open, my second favorite. Rob is becoming my really good friend.

"So... What do you plan to do after college?" Rob asked, after a while.

"I'm kinda just tired talking about me. Tell me about yourself. Your story." I smiled.

"Hmm. My story. Lets see... Well, I don't know if you know this," he said rubbing his chin with his finger. "but I don't really have an idol. You know how you said your dad is yours? Well, he's mine, as well, sorta. He would be, I know that, if only he was just here, alive." He stumbled through the words. He misses his dad, very much.

"I've heard about him but... I don't really remember." I said to him.

"He was a lawyer. The case that, I think, that really fucked everything up, I guess, was the O.J. Simpson case... He divorced mom because of it and for me... It was sad. I just didn't want them to split, I was so little. I guess over the years, I just got over it and did my thing. I went to the same college he did and it was weird." I nodded after he spoke. "Did you get to graduate high school?" He asked me.

I could tell he was holding out on me. Changing the subject. But I won't bother him. Something tells me that he'll tell me when he's ready.

"I did graduate. Happily. So, that's a good thing." My voice was little.

"Do you plan on going to college or..."

I decided not to look at him while I speak. His eyes were just, too mezmorizing.

"I did but I kinda had this 'going to the Air Force' thing on my mind."

"Eliany an air force soldier? I see that." Rob giggled. Now he's making fun of me.

"I swear! I swear that was what I was going for." I laughed.

"What are you going for now?" He asked. Awkward silence while I thought. Shit. Maybe I'm going for more days. Wanting to spend them with Rob. Should I tell him that?

"I dont know. I... I guess my thoughts are just blocked right now." I said.

Out of Rob's window I saw a mall. Where I use to go shopping with my dad.

"Look Rob!" I pointed. After he looked and I explained him where to get off the freeway, I explained to him about the mall and my dad.

"So, we are where?" Rob asked pulling up to the red light next to the mall.

"Barceloneta. It's a small little town here in Arecibo." I also explained. I kept trying to change the subject.

"Ah." Robert said.