Chapter 34: Best Friend Drama

"Hey." I sat where Sánchez was sitting.

"Hey." Daniela says bleakly.

"What's wrong?" I look in her droopy, big, brown eyes.

"Russo." She breathes. Russo? Oh, Sánchez. Well, this is a first. Daniela seemed stressed. Daniela stressed because of a guy? This isn't like her at all.

"What about him?"

"I know he likes me, Eli." She says to me. I can smell the liquor in her breath.

"Everyone knows he likes you. What about it?"

"He pushes me away, when he knows that he can't. The guy on stage made a pass at me, earlier and Sánchez lost it, so I know he likes me. He started yelling and..." She trails off.

"Rob's friend? What did he do?"

"He grabbed my hand, pulling me towards him and tried to kiss me." She closes her eyes, shivering from the memory.

I caress her arm, soothing her.

"Sánchez saw him and they almost fought. I don't want to ruin your party."

"You wouldn't ruin anything if you were just trying to protect yourself." I say quickly.

"I know but... Now he doesn't even want to talk to me. I've tried everything, Eli. He says it's his job and that he needs to watch over Robert and... Excuses, Eli. They're all excuses."

I'm not having this anymore. What the fuck is wrong with Sánchez?

"Listen, Daniela. I'll talk to Robert. I'll have him talk to Sánchez, you just... Stay here and don't let the other guy get to you." I kiss her hair and walked away to find Rob.

Oh how cute. He's sitting with Sánchez. Anger raves through me, and I pick up my steps to get there faster.

"Can you tell me what the fuck is your problem?" I sneer at Sánchez. He looks up and goes pale.

"Miss Eliany?" He asks.

"Miss Eliany, my ass. What's your problem? Can he have a girlfriend if he works for you?" I turn to Rob.

Robert goes pale, too. He's never seen me snap like this.

"Hello? Earth to Robert." I wave my hands in his face.

"Uh. Eli, what? I-"

"Stop. Answer me. Can Sánchez have a girlfriend while he works for you?"

"No." He furries.

"Why?"

"It's in his work content."

My mouth falls open.

"Would you like it if your work content told you, you can't be with me?"

Rob frowns and his eyes loose gleam. "No."

"Then write another content and leave out the 'no relationship', part. As for you," I point to Sánchez who is still pale and surprised at my outburst. "You get your ass over to Daniela and get her back." I frown at him.

He swallows, stealing a glance at Rob. He nods and turns away from him. Sánchez gets up, slowly and walks towards Daniela.

"Eli. Why did you do that?" Rob grabs the hem of my dress, pulling me down to his lap.

"I have never seen Daniela so stressed out about a man. Ever. And I don't want her stress to be in vain." I shake my head, closing my eyes.

"Russo was just talking to me about her."