Show

The morning of the show, I was awoken by the feel of Joon's lips pressing against my temple, his breath warm as it brushed my hair across my skin, our bodies tangled together comfortably in the snugness of the blankets wrapped around us.

    Rolling over, rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I gave him a sleepy grin, reaching out to push strands of amethyst hair back off his forehead where it fell messily from the night of sleep, as I said, my voice rough, "Morning, Joonie."

    "Morning, baby." He nuzzled his nose into the crook of my neck, tickling me slightly as his lips ran a trail of kisses across the skin of my bare shoulder. "I really like waking up next to you. I don't think I'll ever get used to it."

    "Ew." I crinkled my nose in a teasing manner at his sappy statement, feeling his warm exhale of breath against my exposed flesh as he chuckled at my playful disgust.

    "Well, it's the truth." He pressed one last kiss to the base of my throat and rolled over onto his back, pushing a hand through his thick mop of hair as he let out a long sigh, his chest rising and falling with the action. "Can we just stay in bed all day?"

    "Unfortunately not." I sighed as well, glancing over at him out of the corner of my eye, offering him a slightly rueful smile as I poked my finger into his ribs, making him cringe away from me as I laughed and said in slight disappointment, "There's a pretty big show tonight. We're all going to be spending the day running around like chickens with their heads cut off."

    He groaned, covering his eyes with the back of his hand as he grumbled out underneath his breath, "Don't remind me. I'm exhausted already."

    Coming up on one elbow beside him, I reached out and pulled his hands away from his face, flashing him a secretive grin as I said mischievously, "Hey Joon. I've got a surprise for you."

    "Oh yeah?" Interest crossed his face, his brow raising and disappearing beneath lilac bangs. "What is it?"

    Throwing the blanket off of my lower body, I reached down and pulled up the hem of my stretched out tank top, revealing my suddenly bared midriff to him, the newly minted piercing glinting in the sunshine stealing in under the still drawn curtains in the corner of the room.

    He sat up, glancing down at what I was trying to show him, and then his eyes widened, and I grinned, watching as he reached out to gently touch the moon that dangled from my navel, cool against my morning flushed skin.

    "Holy shit." He breathed out, his eyes flicking up to mine in disbelief, before settling back on the jewelry held carefully in his fingers. "You really pierced it again?"

    "Mmmhmmm." I hummed in affirmation, still grinning, happy with his reaction to my newly revealed addition.

    "I love it." He shot me a roguish grin, making my heart flutter in my chest, as his fingers stroked the smooth skin of my revealed abdomen, his palm flat and warm against my stomach. "But you didn't have to do this just for me, jagi."

    "I didn't do it just for you." I laid back down again, letting out a sigh as I pushed some of my sleep mussed hair back off of my forehead, my eyes still on his. Offering him the hint of a smile, I motioned to the piercing. "I was young and wild and carefree when I got that first piercing. And I just thought, maybe," I hesitated slightly, feeling like what I was about to say would sound dumb, but it was how I felt. "It was time to let go just a little bit again."

"Well," Joon glanced once again at the jewelry, dangling from my bellybutton, his fingers splayed out on the skin around it. "It looks great. Just as sexy as I remember." His teeth flashed white against flawless tan skin as he grinned at me, one brow raised again. "You look just like you did when we were in college."