Ruse

Things that night, after the kiss, were the same as they had always been.

We ate dinner as a family, played games, laughed and talked.

And besides the secretly affectionate looks that Joon and I shared throughout the evening, when the others weren't watching, nothing was out of the ordinary.

All was right again.

The next morning, when I awoke, I stretched my arms above my head, letting out a long sigh as I readied myself for the day. A slight smile crossed my lips as I remembered last night, and the feel of Joon's lips on my own, and a wave of heat took over my body as I thought about his tongue tracing the inside of my mouth.

Shivering slightly, I pushed the tantalizing thoughts from my mind, and glanced over at Joon's side of the room. His bed was empty, the sheets rumpled from his sleeping body, his phone and workbook removed from his nightstand, leaving an empty spot beside his lamp.

He must have already gone to the studio.

Pushing my ruffled hair off of my forehead, I yawned and reached out for my phone, which was lying on the bedside table.

Opening the lock screen, I saw a few notifications for new messages, Joon's name among them. A smile unwittingly coming to my lips at his name, I flipped open his message and read it quickly, the smile widening into a grin at his good morning greeting.

Hey, beautiful. A few of us had to come to the studio early for some MV filming. We'll be back a little later. Enjoy your morning off. ;)

Another message had been sent after the first one, almost like an afterthought, and I felt my heart flutter slightly as I moved on to read it.

Oh. Also, could you consider not being so pretty all of the time? It's making it really hard for me to focus on anything else.

The grin remained on my lips as I swiped over to the other message notification, this one from Yoongi. I could practically hear his grumpy tone in my voice as I read over the messages he had sent me earlier that morning.

Namjoon is being overly cheerful today. He's smiling at everyone and it's freaking me out. He even complimented us on our dancing and said I "did good."

Did you guys finally bang it out?

I rolled my eyes at his crude wording, not bothering to send him a reply as I swung my legs over the bed and headed to the closet to rummage for an outfit for the day ahead. Pulling on a sweater and pair of slacks, I shoved my phone into my pocket and headed for the kitchen, suddenly very aware that I needed to eat something as my stomach complained loudly.

Entering the living room, I was greeted by Kook and Tae, who looked up from their video game long enough to each offer me a good morning greeting, before they turned their attention back to the TV. Rolling my eyes, I crossed the room and grabbed Kook's cereal bowl from his hands, plucking the spoon from his fingers as well as he took off his headphones and protested, "Hey! Noona, I was eating that!"

"Not in here, you're not." I reprimanded, before carrying the bowl into the kitchen and setting it in the sink. Pouring myself a mug of coffee, I opened the fridge and glanced inside, wrinkling my nose up in disgust as I pulled out a container of something that looked like moldy leftovers from last week. Tossing the container into the sink, I shut the fridge, deciding coffee was enough for this morning.

Glancing over at the two youngest boys, still immersed in their game, talking loudly to each other as they called out strategies, I sighed and then pulled my phone out from my pocket, typing out a quick message to Joon as I did so.