Choreography

Several nights later, I laid in Joon's empty bed, wide awake, too afraid to close my eyes and fall asleep.

When he had told me that morning he would be sleeping over at the studio to get some extra work done, even offering to make up a bed for me on the couch at his lab, I had waved him off, saying that I would be fine for one night alone.

Now I was regretting that decision, as I stared at the dark ceiling, and really wished my pride hadn't gotten in the way of taking him up on his offer.

Rolling over with a heavy sigh, I pulled the blankets around me and cocooned beneath them, the bedding still faintly smelling of Joon, trying to get comfortable in the darkness of the room, telling myself that if I just closed my eyes and tried to sleep, there was no guarantee the nightmares would come. Sometimes they skipped a night, and maybe I'd be okay.

Tossing and turning under the sheets, trying to focus my mind on something, anything else, I bit my bottom lip and rubbed the backs of my hands into my eyes as I swore in frustration under my breath, "Shit."

Climbing out of Joon's bed, his large hoodie falling almost to my knees, I crept silently across the bedroom and opened the door softly. Glancing into the blackness of the hallway, I held my breath as I tiptoed across the corridor and hesitated, briefly, in front of the door that stood across from mine. Cracking it open, it squeaked slightly, and I winced, hoping I hadn't woken any of the boys up with the noise.

Entering the darkened room, I shut the door behind me with a soft click, my palms still flat against the wood to muffle the sound of it closing, and then I darted across the bedroom to where I knew Hobi's bed was, crouching down beside it as I whispered quietly into the night surrounding us, "Hobi."

"Huh? What?" He sat up, rubbing his eyes clumsily with his hands, as his gaze fell on me, his hair tousled from sleep, his blankets still pulled tightly around his shoulders.

Thankful he was a light sleeper, I breathed out, so as not to wake up the other boy across the room, "Joon's at the studio. Can I sleep in here tonight?"

"Sure, noona." He yawned, still not quite awake, but coherent enough to understand what I was asking, as he slid over against the wall, making room in the bed for me beside him.

"What's going on?"

I paused in climbing underneath his blanket, letting out a sigh as I heard Kook's voice, still heavy with sleep, come from across the blackened room. I hadn't meant to wake him. He usually slept heavier than this.

"Nothing, Kook. Go back to sleep." I whispered, as I slid the rest of the way into Hobi's bed, pulling the blankets up to my chin as I snuggled in beside Hobi, who already seemed to be back asleep. "I'm just going to sleep with in your room tonight."

"Oh." The younger boy said, as he looked over at us through the darkness, his hair spiked all over his head, his eyes still half lidded with unshed sleep. He threw the blankets off of his legs, and rustled around for a moment, trying to get out of his bed in his still tired state, before he crossed the room on stumbling legs.

"Kook...." I began, but he plopped down on the bed beside me, forcing me to scoot over and back tightly against Hobi, pinning him between my body and the wall, as the maknae laid down next to me. He burrowed beneath the blankets, one arm going over me as he turned on his side, his hand resting lightly on his older brother's shoulder, who still seemed to be deeply asleep, oblivious to all three of us suddenly crushed together in his twin bed.

"We'll keep you safe, noona." I heard Kook say drowsily, his voice already fading back into sleep, his deepening breaths warm against my face, as his eyes drifted closed once more. I wasn't actually sure if they had ever been fully opened.