Family

A/N: There are intense and somewhat disturbing nightmare images in this chapter. Just a heads up. 

The next morning, we stood on the front porch of the Kim's house, bags slung over our shoulders, coats pulled tightly around us to ward off the early morning chill.

Eomma Kim stepped up to Joon, taking his hands in her as she looked up at him and said sternly, "Now remember. Get plenty of rest. Take care of yourself."

"I will, Eomma." He nodded to her, a slight smile slipping across his lips as she tsked at him softly, before wrapping him in a tight hug.

Appa Kim hugged me as well, pressing a kiss to the top of my head as he offered me his customary gentle smile, his eyes twinkling behind his glasses, as he said gently, "Be safe going back. Come and visit again soon."
I nodded, and he pulled back from me, moving to Joon as Eomma Kim took his place, wrapping me tightly in her arms and squeezing me tight enough to lose my breath slightly, as she crushed me to her bosom and whispered, "Take care of our boy, my beautiful girl."

"I will, Eomma Kim." I nodded against her, not really sure why I felt tears threatening at the edge of my vision, and she pulled back from me, giving me the once over, before she straightened my scarf and gave a satisfactory bob of her head, stepping back to stand beside her husband.

Waving goodbye to the two of them until they were out of sight around the corner, Joon's hand in mine, we boarded the bus and began the long trip back to Seoul.

The ride back to the city was uneventful, both of us slept most of the way, heads leaning comfortably against each other, and when we finally reached the dorm, I still felt tired from the day of travel, even though all we had done was sit and rest.

Joon unlocked the door to the apartment, and as we entered, I dropped my duffle bag on the floor near the door, determined to deal with it later, and kicking off my sneakers and shucking my coat, glanced around the living room as a soft chorus of hellos echoed over to us from the other boys.

Kook and Tae were watching the TV, absorbed in some sort of video game, controllers clenched tightly in their hands, Hobi was sitting on the opposite sofa, lazily scrolling through his phone, sprawled out on the thick cushions. Jimin sat beside Kook, glancing between the game when his younger brothers let out exclamations, and the open phone of his screen. Jin and Yoongi were nowhere in sight, and I assumed they had used the lazy afternoon off to spend some time in their rooms.

Joon bent over to untie his shoes, and I crossed the room, plopping down onto the sofa between Jimin and Jungkook, my arm nonchalantly flung over the back as I leaned my head against the cushions and sighed.

"Hey noona." Kook said, barely glancing over at me, as he continued to focus on the game before him, his fingers mashing the buttons of the control excitedly as he tried to beat Tae.

"Hey, Kook." I responded, rolling my head to look at him, offering him a slight smile, as Tae leaned around him to flash me a boxy grin of greeting.

I glanced down, as Jimin, abandoning his phone, laid his head in my lap, legs hanging over the edge of the couch, as he looked up at me with bright eyes, bangs falling over his forehead in a soft manner. "How was Ilsan?" He asked genuinely, as I reached up a hand and began to absentmindedly run my fingers through his soft, silver hair, the strands like silk against my skin.

"It was good." I hummed out contentedly. "But I'm glad to be back."

Joon, reemerging from depositing our things in our shared room, crossed the living room and sat down in front of me, leaning back against the couch, his elbow propped on one cocked knee as he said, tipping his head back to look at us, slight amusement in his voice at the sight of the boys surrounding me, "You guys do know that (F/N) is my girlfriend, right?"