Truth

The next two days flew by in a coffee fueled blur.

I didn't sleep well at night, alone in Joon and I's room, worrying about him at the studio, my thoughts constantly on overdrive. And everyday was an early wakeup, followed by usually ten to twelve nonstop and exhausting hours spent over at the studio, working with Hobi on last minute changes to the dance steps, or practicing choreography again and again with the boys.

Everyone was running, every hour of the day. We only stopped long enough to drop, exhausted, into our beds at night, and then we'd wake up and do it all over again.

The huge show this weekend in Seoul was on everyone's minds and preparation, to make sure everything was perfect, was taking up all of our time.

No one was on the same schedule, and we rarely saw each other, and when we did, it was only long enough to practice group numbers, and even then, we didn't talk or laugh or hang out. It was all pure focus.

The day of the concert, I woke up to my alarm going off at 0500, and I groaned as I rubbed my eyes and leaned over to flip on my lamp, searching blindly for the alarm to turn off the incessant beeping.

Stretching, I rolled out of bed and threw on some clothes for the day, heading down the hallway on silent feet to grab a bagel and coffee before heading over to the studio, my usual routine the last two days.

Since it was the day of the big show, the boys would be taking it a little easier today, but that still meant I needed to be there, helping with any last minute choreography questions or changes that the boys or Hobi threw my way.

I poured some coffee into my thermos and took a sip of the steaming black liquid as I glanced down at my phone, which had just vibrated in the palm of my hand. The lock screen showed a new message from Jinnie, so I swiped it open and glanced over his text quickly as I continued to nurse my much needed coffee.

Jinnie: Okay. This is ridiculous. I'm tired of this. It has to stop.

I rolled my eyes at his dramatic opener, and setting down my coffee, typed him out a response before leaning down to pull on my sneakers.

What are you referring to, Jinnie? Don't be so dramatic.

I shucked on a coat and picked up my breakfast again, before my text alert sounded, and I looked down to check it as I headed toward the door.

Oh. I'M being dramatic? I'm not the dramatic one here. You're moping around at home, Joon has been moping around at the studio. It's driving the rest of us crazy, because we're stuck in the middle. SO FIX IT.

I grimaced at his beratement and stuffed my phone into the pocket of my coat as I balanced my coffee and bagel in one hand, reaching out to lock the door of the apartment with my key, before I headed down the stairs to the outside. Pushing through the door of the building, the cold air hit me like a wave, causing me to shiver and clutch the warm thermos in my hands as I hurried down the block toward the studio, my breath making steaming clouds in the chilly air.

I reached the studio in record time, and entering through the front doors, I gave a hello to the receptionist as I headed for the elevator, and went up to the floor where the dance room was located.

Entering the room, I was surprised to see that it was empty.

Setting down my bag and my thermos, I took a bite of my bagel and chewed casually as I reached into my pocket for my phone, glad to see that there were no new messages of recountment from Jin.

I pulled up a new message to Hobi and typed out a quick question, the clicking of the keyboard loud in the empty studio.

Hey, where are you guys? I thought you'd all be at the studio?