Sleep

Combing my fingers through my still damp hair, I entered the living room close on Joon's heels, the wonderful smell of pizza hitting me in a wave as the rest of the boys came into view, seated here and there all over the floor and sofas.

Making a beeline for one of the pizza boxes, I grabbed a large slice as I sat down on the couch next to Kook, taking a bite, and groaning slightly at the delicious taste of cheese and salt on my tongue, before I glanced around, saying with my mouth full, "This is the best damn pizza I've ever had."

"You say that every time, noona." Kook spoke up from beside me, leaning over me to grab another slice of pizza from the box beside us on the couch.

"This time, I mean it." I said with fervor, taking another large bite of the pizza that was slowly dripping grease down my hand and forearm.

"You look a little better." Hobi spoke up from where he was sprawled out on the floor, his chin resting on his hand as he glanced at me, paused in eating his pizza. "Did the shower help?"

"Yeah, the shower," I glanced over at Joon, who was leaning against the wall beside Yoongi, and he offered me a quick wink, before I turned back to Hobi, trying to hide the grin that wanted to creep across my lips. "Was very refreshing."

Clearing his throat, Joon glanced over at the TV and then said, "Hey, jagi. Look, they picked your favorite movie."

Flicking my gaze over to the screen, I saw a scene from one of my favorite Chick Flicks quietly playing in the background, and warmth filled my chest as I glanced around at all the boys, saying affectionately, "Ah, you guys are the best. I love you."

"Hey, noona." I reached for another piece of pizza, as Tae's voice called to me from across the room. Glancing over at him, he grinned at me and then motioned to my cast as he said, "Can we sign your cast?"

I returned his grin, swallowing the bite of pizza in my mouth before I exclaimed, "Sure, go ahead." I glanced down at the purple cast encasing my arm and added, "It could use with some sprucing up."

"I'll get markers!" Kook scrambled up from the couch beside me, darting out of sight into the kitchen, and returning a moment later with a fist full of permanent markers in his hand, a triumphant smile spreading across his face.

Sitting back down on the couch beside me, he pulled my injured arm carefully into his lap, resting the cast forearm up, as he began to draw something slowly and delicately with black marker.

Taking another bite of my pizza, I addressed the room, not speaking to anyone in particular as I said, "So, anything exciting happen while I was gone?"

A slight silence fell over the room at my words, and the boys all looked at each other, shifting uncomfortably, before Hobi said hesitantly, "Well, you know." He glanced over at Joon, but the younger man didn't meet his eyes, instead, focusing intently on the pizza now sitting uneaten in his hand. He cleared his throat and then continued. "While you were...." He hesitated again, not seeming to know how to articulate what he wanted to say.

"Being held hostage?" I offered helpfully, and immediately felt bad, as they all cringed at my choice of words and the harsh reality of the situation we had all faced.

"Yeah." Jimin spoke up from where he was leaning against my legs, glancing over his shoulder at me, his face grim, as he said softly, "We didn't do much. We were all too worried to focus."

I reached out my free hand and laid it on his shoulder, careful not to move my casted arm out of Kook's grasp, as he had returned to drawing once again after the long silence had been broken, and then said quietly, "That makes sense. Sorry for making you guys worry."