Epilogue

Epilogue

Three months prior to getting out of the prison, I couldn't tell that I'm having the best version of myself because every day I've been working about everything—to myself, to our business and my pregnant wife. A month ago we had our civil wedding and we're planning to take it soon on a higher level—New Zealand or Spain would be a great venue for it. It would cost us too much but we don't care, it's gonna be a moment for everyone and why don't we plan to make it happen. But for now, it's all just a plan because we have to focused on our baby.

But today, Prentice decided to go to the beach against her contractions and she keeps insisting even with the doctor's advice to have a bed rest, she wants to go to the beach and let her foot touch the sand.

"Are you having the time of your life right now?" I asked her.

She's wearing an almost bikini, flaunting her big stomach.

"I am..." she said, waving her hair together with the wind.

"Because you know, we could just stay in the house and I could buy you sand—"

But Prentice just glared at me and I came in silence because I don't want her to get stressed. She picked up a book while I put my shades and lay down on the lounger. But later on, Prentice keeps bugging me and making a weird noise. I remove my shades and saw her struggling. I immediately panicked.

"What's happening?!"

"I think... to the hospital now!" she ordered.

"But what about our things?!" I worried.

"Call someone, just get me to the hospital now! Fuck, Dan. I'm going to give birth now!"

As I panicked, I carried her and leave all our things at the beach front and just told someone to keep an eye on our things as I bring my wife to the car and we abruptly headed to the nearest hospital. I couldn't focus when Prentice has been struggling and shouting from her pain and she just told me to drive and I retorted when I told her we shouldn't stay in our house but that wouldn't matter anymore as she's already giving birth.

Her water broke and that made me really frantic. I called my parents that she's getting pregnant and they will be as soon at the hospital to check on us.

Not that long when we reach the hospital, we ask for assistance and they immediately brought her to the labor room. When they're checking Prentice inside, I keep calling my parents to where they are now. I also called her parents to inform them that their daughter is going to give birth.

Fifteen minutes later when my parents arrived, I was so nervous and don't know what to do. I'm sweating and I couldn't think clearly.

As soon as when the nurse came out of the labor room, she said, "your wife asks for you,"

"Me?" I was confused.

The nurse nodded, "c'mon sir, she's going to give birth soon..."

When my parents nodded to follow what the nurse said and when I entered the room, Prentice was ready on the bed and she's been on an ultimate pain. She reaches for me and as soon I get closer to her, I tightly hold her hand.

"You can do this, love..."

But she's just in pain and I help her to breathe in and out to calm her down but surely I wouldn't know what that feels like but that's the only thing I could do to her right now, support her. As the doctor was giving instructions on how she will deliver the baby, I just listen because I need to and when the time has come as she ordered Prentice to push—it's alarming, she's shouting at the top of her lungs and I feel like passing out.

When the doctor finally said, "I can finally see the head, you're doing good mommy. Keep it up and push!"

And when Prentice shouts as if it's like the end of the world, the next thing I've heard was the crying of our newborn baby girl. They clean her and such and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She's alive, she's here.

"I'm a father..." I said and Prentice heard that.

"I know you're gonna be a good father,"

"And you're gonna be a good mother,"

When she gets to hold the baby and we saw her face for the very first time, I couldn't handle myself but to cry and it's the best thing that happened to me now. She's a piece of me and I make her!

When she gets transferred to the private room, the next few hours they brought us the baby and she's utterly beautiful sleeping. She's like an angel. My parents, her parents saw their granddaughter. And I get to hold first and announce to my friends that I'm actually now a father.

As I look into the face of my baby daughter, I speak her name... "Cardi B..."

"What?!" Prentice retorted. "Her names not Carbi B. She's Arielle Marzia Vandorphe..."

I giggled, "hello there my Marzia..."

Even though there are unbelievable things that happened in my life, I wouldn't ever change anything for this moment because this is the best thing came to my life. Just like what they said, after the storm, there would be a rainbow at the end and I think I finally found mine. Even if things didn't go as plan, we can still work on our mistakes and make it all a lesson because that's what we should do. Mistakes could never make a man—a man because if you accept all the mistakes you had in your life and move forward with all the things you've learned, you can be better and start a new version of yourself but I guess I don't need a new version of myself.

I just need to be myself, breaking out of my own shell is what I need to do. And being a father is now a lifetime job I have to take.

We all need to succeed and by that, we make our own way.

Five years later...

"Hey, stop, Marzia, come here!" I shouted as she runs towards me.

"What is it, Daddy?"

I smiled, "do you want to see Uncle Gio now?"

Because after all, he's my brother and I wouldn't let him be part of my life, this life—I can't forget my own brother and funny thing, he's the one who brought me to all of this and yet, he made me who I am today. And so I guess, I am a better version of myself now.

After all those years, I did it... mission accomplished.

THE END

--

Thank you for reaching until the end and I hope you enjoy the book! And I'm so sorry for the long hiatus but I did it--We did it, and before 2020 comes we finally close another chapter of the series. And I hope you'll join me again for the 4th Series coming to 2020! THANK YOU AND SEE YOU!!!