Chapter 10

Chapter 10

When she rolled her hands down to my eyes, I was expecting a different kind of punishment which I don't like to happen but just to go with it, I need to obey. But then, she withdrew her hands and put me steady on the chair. She laughed and goes back to her desk and cracked her fingers. I was really unsure of what's happening or what she intends to do here but I felt a relief when she didn't do anything but pushing me to stay on sit.

"Aren't you gonna punish me?" I asked her.

"No," she immediately answered.

"That's not my intention to brought you here through a taste of punishment would be good for you."

"Then whatever it is, give it to me if I deserve it."

She looked at me straight, "well it's not some kind of hard punishment but all of the money you'll get tonight wouldn't go straight to you. You failed up on that stage and you have to owe that mistake. Now that's the punishment."

"I would take it," I said.

She raises her brow, "that's easy."

"I can earn money and it's just my first day."

"But some don't take it well. They need the money even if it's their first day." She's nodding her head, something in her mind came up and I don't have any idea what's in it. "There's something on you... you might be special or not. But oh well, if you still can work on your remaining hours, get your customers."

"Should I leave now?"

"Yes you may," she said.

Nang tumayo naman ako at tinalikuran siya. Before I get to the door and leave the room, she called my attention.

"Just a reminder Dicky, don't do anything behind my back or else things could backfire to you."

I nodded to her even if things running in my head were putting her down. With assurances of that contact, I wanted her to believe that she could trust me and in this line of work, I'm gonna put all of my efforts and hard work just so she could see that I'm after the money and is not some kind of matter. Though the reason I was here wasn't the money.

It's my freedom and I keep chasing it.

When I leave her office, all the customers are handled by some of the workers and I don't know if I should do the same. There's only one person I'm interested in entertaining to and that's Prentice, I took a deep breath thinking I how messed our relationship. And I don't know if I get out of this mess, there are no pieces I could pick up to bring back our relationship. She wanted me back, but I pushed her away.

"Dicky!" I was stopped when someone calls me and I saw MD walking closer towards me, "what happened over there? What did she tell you?"

I shrugged off my shoulder, "nothing, she just cut me off tonight."

He sighs after knowing it, "she does that to some workers but I thought she'll just give you a warning. But oh well, if you still can find a client, go for it and for the next few nights. You'll have to work on it, okay?"

"Sure, I won't fail you MD."

"That's my boy!" MD hugged me and patted my shoulder, "I'll leave you for now and checked the others if you can help to assist the waiters, try to do it okay?"

"I will."

"Awesome, see 'ya around." MD continue looking for others and checking their status.