Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Just as the next day, on the day of my trial, I decided to confront my brother to not proceed to their plans because I think those worst things could happen if he pursues doing it. He already had a miserable and he shouldn't be doing anything just to prove that they're unstoppable. I know my brother, I know how he thinks but if he continues thinking, acting that way it would not be good for him and now that he's in jail, he needs to redeem himself and make everything in place.

It's breakfast, two hours before my trial. The members of GCS and Incognitos are also going through the trial but I think, in that case, it is impossible for them to plead what they want because in the eye of the law, they broke it and they had to pay the costs of all their mistakes.

On my usual table, I picked up my tray to sit with them. They just looked at me without saying any words, it is hard for me to be in this situation that even my own brother wouldn't talk to me. I know he doesn't want this, I do too but it happened and we must pay for it. Through the years, it's not what I'm wishing for, this is not the end to where I'm gonna see the light that provides me a better future but no, it brought me back to hell. There's like a string attached to me that whenever I keep moving forward, this string always pushes me back to the dark and I had to repeat all the things I did just to do it all over again and again.

It sucks to live in this kind of situation. Out of a million people, no one even wanted this.

"Gio, I need to talk with you..." I started and he just gazed on me and back on his food, "alone, please?" I continued.

He ordered his men to move into the other table and they abruptly take his order. Even in jail, he has some superiority even if they know that Gio brought them all here and has no jail card free to get away with all of this. When the two of us left, I speak to him on a low tone so no one would hear us.

"Hey, I've been hearing lately your plan to break out at the trial but I don't think it's a good plan today, Gio. Because breaking into the law was never good, you know that. I don't wanna be in this place, I have never wanted to be in a cell waking up and feels like no reason to live. I know this isn't supposed to happen, that this isn't your plan but it all came back to one point that what we all do has always never done well even if it's the right thing to do."

"Then what's your point, Dan? I know this isn't supposed to happen because after all, Lula played us and we didn't even see it. I never want you to be part of this Dan, even from the start and I can't even look at you with me in this jail because that's what I never wanted for you. You asked for your freedom, I give you your key to it but things never resulted to what you planned. That's why—"

"I hate to break it but I hope you don't do it, Gio."

He grunted, "we could live outside of this jail, Dan. We could be anywhere, we could use different identities and we all could live in peace. We can run away."

"Just like you said, all that we wanted doesn't result to what we planned and I hope you could think of it before going into it because I never wanted to see my brother dead."

He smirks, "but don't you want your freedom?"

"I do, I really do but that's not the way it supposed to happen. I can't run away anymore, I have to face the consequences and to live a new life, I must forget all the things I've done. You're my brother Gio, and I won't ever forget that."

When I stood up and leave the table, his men came back and I guess continue discussing their breaking-out-jail plan. I'm opposed to their decision because they're now dealing with the law and they know that they couldn't escape with it because once they have been sentenced, all they had would be gone and I think it's for the better.