Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Walking towards the office of their leader really make me nervous, I don't know what to expect or anything before and after I tell about my plan. There's a lot of thoughts going inside my head that they might not believe me or they will think that I'm just a trap sending on their quarters but lying wouldn't make this any better—my situation in the first place. Maybe hiding why do I care to get Lula busted just to get their heads in the game.

Kinatok ng lalaking sinusundan ko ang pintuan sa harapan namin, humarap rin naman ito sa akin, napalunok pa ako ng laway dahil sa tapag mukha nito.

"Walk inside, behave and just do what you intend to do."

"Yes, sir," I said and nodded. He widely opens the door for me and I slowly walked going inside, I didn't even make my shoes sound on the wooden floor, it'll just add to the tension I'm feeling right now. I get chilled as it was like the only airconditioned room on the premises. And the man I'm hoping to speak was on behind the desk and when he turned his swivel chair in my direction. I feel like I couldn't speak another word. He's more intimidating than Gio—or maybe because I know Gio and he's my brother and this is different.

"Are you Danford?" he recalls my name and I nodded to correct him, "I've heard things from you..." and I was hoping that it wasn't because I was Gio's brother but I've never met him in the GCS so I guess he doesn't know anything about me.

"Cool..." what the fuck was that, Dan?

When he stood up and roam around his desk and stands in front of me, dominating me. "If you've not heard of me, my name's Jacko, the leader of this—"

"Mafia—" I interjected, I sudden winced 'cause I thought it was wrong to do that.

But then he laughed and patted my shoulder, "you heard us wrong, kid. C'mon, sit and I'll tell you who we are because we're not a mafia you think about. We're far from being it and I don't think, it exists in this area. Go on, sit." He demanded when he gets back on his chair.

"Ah, awesome... thanks!" I said and pull the chair and sit on it.

"So Danford, why did you think us as a mafia? Where did you hear that? And before I could spill any of my group's information, I wanna know why you're here and what you know about Lula. I'm really intrigued when they said that you can help us with her that's why you're talking to me right now but if you're just some kind of clown trying to make us fool—oh boy, you'll find yourself in the dumpster bleeding."

I was silenced when he said those words but broke it by laughing.

"Don't laugh, I'm not joking." Then he breaks it, I remained silent which I guess the best thing to do. "So, tell your story, Danford."

"First of all, I worked in the club where Lula's the owner and then your guys asked for a service—in which the first time I encounter them. I served them not knowing who they but they really frightened me and later from my co-workers, I found out that they were—you guys are a mafia—so they told. Then I also heard that your guys are on the club was because you're trying to get into Lula's hand in which you can't catch her when she wasn't in the club she's running because she's hiding from you guys. I don't know what Lula has gotten into you guys but if you want to catch her, I can help you because I know where she might be living."

"Is that true?"

I nodded, "I believe so, yes."

"You believe so?"