Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"What the fuck are you doing, Gio?" I huffed, couldn't get a sight off of him now. Hindi 'ko kayang tingnan ng maayos ang kapatid ko kung ang tumatakbo sa isipan ko ay ang mga bagay na hinayaan niyang makasira sa buhay ko. "What are you doing with me, why can't you let go of me?" I ranted.

He smirks, he doesn't show any emotions on his face. "You know I can't do that, Dan."

"You put me here and why can't you get me out just like what you did before?"

"It's never easy to do the same," he answered.

"And you shouldn't put me here in the first place, Gio. You never know how many things I've sacrifices for this goddamn thing. It's your business and now I'm part of the world where it'll lead me on despair."

"You don't understand, brother."

"You've your brother long ago, Gio."

"Yet you still call me, brother." he smirks, he stretch his hands up in the air and condition himself on the couch. "Whatever you say, Dan. I won't let go of you. Not ever."

"Why? Why me? There's a lot of people you could use to do that for you. I never get use to this part of my life. I've always wished you didn't made me do this. I'm trying my best to comply into things so in the end, I wouldn't ended up getting harmed. You've messed up my life so hard and still, you want to break it apart."

"That's life, Danford." He quipped. "And it's your life now, you should've accept it way before you know it." I didn't get to respond on him when he raised his hand and call out a waiter. Mabilis namang may lumapit sa amin na waiter at sinabi ni Gio ang kanyang order. He even asked what's mine but I didn't answer and so he's the one ordered for me, even if I didn't want to.

Hindi ko na nagawang magsalita. All the anger are on my system and if he triggers it more, hindi ko na alam kung anong magagawa ko. I've done some things I wasn't proud of and being a part of this group really mess my life and escaping wouldn't be the answer of it all. Not that long when the waiter back with a tray on his hand giving off the drinks to our table. As usual, Gio paid for it. He offered the bottle of beer to me, but I shook my head and he just put in on the table in front of me.

"Dan, I have a proposal for you—" he didn't get to finished his words when someone call his attention and when we look at those person, they're walking towards our direction. Binalik ni Gio ang tingin sa akin at mabilis na binaling muli sa tatlong lalaki na papalapit sa amin.

He stood up to greet the man whose wearing all black, a goatee and a black shades that didn't really matter to a covered establishment.

"Is this your brother, Gio?" he asked, wala pa rin akong ideya kung sino itong kaharap namin ngayon.

Gio nodded, "yes he is," nang tiningnan niya ako at pinatango niya ako, in a sense he's giving me command from slouching on the couch. Sumunod din naman ako sa kanya. "He's Danford, the one I'm talking you about."

"Hmm," he hummed, looking me from head to toe, like checking my posture and identifying my existence. He's not that intimidating but I know he got so many connections into this group that he became dangerous. "I think he's more capable to do tasks on the field."

"Really?" Danford bleated.

"Yes, I've known you since Gio and I know how you worked hard and that's make you more reliable and trusted. And maybe he does too. And this place may be ruled by the Vandorphy brothers."

"Wow, thanks for that Vlad." Gio said, like he's expressing his appreciation towards what that man says to him. Napaisip ako doon, anong klaseng papuri ang nakuha niya doon? They're doing inhuman things and that shouldn't be treated as good for appreciation. That should be comdemned. "Oh, Dan, if you may not know his name, he is Vladimir. He owns this place and... former leader of Group of Criminal Syndicates."