Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"Welcome to my life," I said by ending my explanation to him. I can see the confusion on his face while trying to answer all the questions in his head by all the things he needs to hear, he was somehow lightened up but I couldn't put him into the position where he could know everything. It's like giving him the top piece of an iceberg which deeper than that there's more story but it's all Enrico have to know. I just couldn't risk him being in it. He just saved me escaping from the angry Lula and of course, I make him be my ally not against what he believes.

"So what now? Just because I helped you am I part of this now?"

Napakibit-balikat naman ako sa tanong niya, "I will never put you in this position, but because you helped me get away from her. You can be a target from her eyes. I don't know if she had any allies but just to make sure that you're safe, don't get back to the apartment and don't come near me."

"Uh?! What are you saying? I'm with you now, would that make me feel so scared right now?"

Napailing naman ako, "just like you said this place is safe for you and maybe she didn't follow us here so you're safe, you don't have to be part of this. Just get out my way."

Tumango naman ito sa akin, "I shouldn't have track you, Danford. You're crazy."

"You're just on the surface, Enrico."

"What I know was enough, Danford."

"Yeah, that's why I needed you not to be anywhere I am. There's a reason for that because I don't want you to risk your life because of me. I have all the reasons why I am alone right now because of my situation. I pushed people away from me, my parents, my girl, and my friends. I cut all my connections to them because I don't want to be a part of something that I would just regret if they were hurt because of me. And now you're the person I stayed with on an apartment but I guess this is where we have to separate."

"You don't need to act quickly, think your actions and all you need to defend yourself from that psycho girl. You almost got killed earlier and you wouldn't like that to happen again."

I nodded to him and sighed, "I know, I may need time to think for my actions but I can't have all day to do that because Lula can have her reinforcements. I only have myself—" but I suddenly thought of the Incognitos, they wanted her—GCS wants her too but these people can help me to stop her. "I can call my reinforcements too."

"And who are they?" he asked but then he nodded as he remembered what I just said to him earlier, "oh okay, the incognitos. But are you sure that you didn't mess up the plan because as of this moment, Lula has a target on you."

"But Incognitos has already a target on Lula."

"You're right but if they were upon your plan then you're ahead of Lula."

"I know they will,"

"It's just ten in the morning, you can stay or sleep here and I'll be around if you need something,"

"Thank you man,"

"If helping you means saving your life then I'll help you."

When Enrico left me in the living room, I lay down on the couch and breathe deeply thinking about what could be my next actions. This place Enrico's family's old home, it doesn't have much of a space but it's enough and maybe Enrico decided to rent an apartment because he worked as a private investigator in which I never had an idea because I thought he was just some normal boring guy but hey, what can I say, looks can be deceiving.