6. Her First Day (i)

Start from the beginning

He hummed realizing that she was too young for this relationship unless she was more mature than her age. He had no idea what to talk to her, how to make her feel comfortable. Neither did she spoke up. 

On the other hand, she was waiting for him to say something.

Five minutes of awkward silence later, Annika held open her palms to him. He glanced at the intricate design made on both of her palms. His name was not easily visible.

"Will you look for your name on my hand?" she asked. She wanted to be comfortable with him, to make him her friend. Having no other idea, she settled on this one.

Shivaay looked all over her palm. After two minutes, he left searching and stood up.

"I don't think it's written. Even if it is, that doesn't matter. This game is no fun," he announced and left for the restroom to change.

Annika's little heart broke. She didn't want his love. Not when she could not promise him the same. She just wanted his friendship. Each of his actions intentionally or unintentionally worked against that.

Once he came out, she entered the bathroom to change. He paced inside his room, now hers too. This was one moment to remember. 'Are they going to share the bed?' He thought. Will she want him to provide her the warmth of a husband? Was he ready for this?

She came out. Their eyes met. Breaking the contact, she settled on the right side of the bed.

"That's my side," Shivaay spoke up.

Annika nodded and stood up to sit on the left side.

"Let's sleep" she insisted.

"Are you comfortable sharing the bed?" he asked.

Annika hummed, "Are you not?"

Shivaay shook his head. He had no problem. He just wanted her to be comfortable. He laid on his side of the bed. Annika followed suit. She was lying on his bed, their bed. She closed her eyes and reprimanded herself. They were married and married couples do share one bed, in love or not. And one day or the other, she had to face the moment she dreaded as of now.

Facing opposite sides, they slept.

Towards the middle of the night, Shivaay rolled in his bed. He was stuck. His subconscious mind was confused since he knew that his bed was not small for him to get stuck just by one roll. He opened his eyes to find Annika. He sighed. He had a wife now, one who was sharing the bed with him.

He peeked at her sleeping figure. She looked so cute while sleeping. How was he going to control? He had no bad intentions, but poor him was going to suffer due to the attraction he felt towards his wife.

***

Annika woke up to find herself in an unknown place the next morning. Then it clicked her. She was married. This was her husband's house, his bed. 'She still had to get used to calling his things as theirs,' she thought.

'But when he is not hers from the heart, how can his things be hers?' Her inner voice spoke up.

Shoving those thoughts, she got up from the bed to get ready for the day.

What should she wear? A saree? That was not her type. But wasn't she supposed to wear a saree on her first day at her new home? Again, she firmly believed she should wear what she was comfortable in. She was proud of her choice in fashion and would wear that only.

With that set, she took a shower and got ready in a floral print bonhomie dress.

About saree, she could wear it in the evening when her muh dikhai function would take place.