27: One story's end is another one's start

Chaeyoung cringes at the way Jennie skips over to where she is sitting, holding hands with Jisoo. Her eye twitches. "I would really ask, but honestly - like very honestly, I'm appalled." She emphasizes.

"Hate us cause you ain't us," Jennie snaps back and Chaeyoung rolls her eyes. Jisoo smiles at her goofily. "So, are you going to spill what the hell happened?" She crosses her arms.

"Alot of talking and craziness, if anything." Jisoo scratches the back of her head. "I was about to go literally insane before we were even able to talk about getting back together." She frowns and Jennie wraps her arms around her shoulders.

"Y'all just really went through all that and used words? That's it?"

"I mean how else would we have resolved it? Interpretive dance?" Jennie raises an eyebrow.

Jisoo bursts into laughter. "Could you imagine? That'd be fucking hilarious!" She claps her hands together and Chaeyoung scoffs quietly. "That's concerning." She shakes her head.

"You're concerning." Jennie says back. Jisoo grins as she burns a loving gaze at the side of Jennie's face.

"Speaking of concern." Jisoo says as she looks back at Chaeyoung. "I heard someone broke a heart." She says and Chaeyoung snickers.

"Yeah right?" She says sarcastically. "That girl hasn't talked to me since." She says adamantly.

"I mean you did say you were done." Jisoo says and Chaeyoung nods. "I am, but I'm not going to lie. I expected some form of response." She says.

Jennie and Jisoo exchange a glance. "Trust me when I say she has more than just a response planned." Jennie shrugs.

"You know something?"

"Not necessarily." She says and Jisoo raises an eyebrow. She slowly leans in and whispers something in Jennie's ear.

Jennie nods. "Yes, that's what I heard about."

"What?" Chaeyoung says exasperatedly.

"Does it matter to you? If you've given up the fight?" Jennie teases. Chaeyoung sucks a breath in. "Sheesh, cheeky much? Yeah, I've pretty much given up, but it's like I can't let it go as fast as my mouth says I have. I'm sure once my expectations have been deflated into a sack things will get easier." She rambles.

"Pretty sure if I was her I'd be striking while the iron's hot." Chaeyoung says huffily. Jisoo clicks her tongue. "Just be patient then." She says vaguely.

"I don't know if you had intentions of getting Lisa to go crazy over you or like you actually want to give her up because you're sick of the bullshit, but either ways don't be too hardheaded." Jennie sighs. Chaeyoung gives her a long gaze before nodding.

Her intentions were unclear? Chaeyoung feels odd about that.

"And just for the record, I'm sure I want to give her up."

She bites her tongue. That didn't feel right, but that's what her heart had held when she told Lisa what she did.

It was too much.

"That's a you thing, and at this point the balls at Lisa's court. It's just a matter of convincing you to play the game again."

Chaeyoung's eyes quiver. "It won't be easy."

Jisoo snickers. "We can tell that much." She nods at Jennie who nods back with a small smile. "Right," Jennie agrees.

Chaeyoung closes her eyes. She can't help but smile too. "You two really are meant for each other."