20: I promise I'll never leave again

"Is something wrong?" Lisa smiles and Chaeyoung shakes her head. "I was just thinking,"

"What are you thinking so hard about?" The girl laughs heartily. "I've never heard about your family life or grade school life." Chaeyoung sulks and Lisa raises an eyebrow.

"Why would you want to know something like that?"

"Well, we are friends now right?" She crosses her arms. Lisa rubs the back of her nape. "Sure, I guess."

Chaeyoung has a bright smile on her face that makes Lisa feel like she has something worth looking forward to.

"I mean, I've got a little sister."

"You do?" Chaeyoung jumps excitedly. Lisa nods her head. "Yeah, she asks me about you all the time actually. I mentioned you to her once and she got really excited." She laughs and Chaeyoung looks at her.

"She's never really heard me talk about my school friends aside from Jisoo so she really wanted me to introduce you to her." Lisa says and Chaeyoung smiles even brighter. "I'd love to meet her!"

"Well, she's one of the most important people in my life so if we're going to do this friend thing maybe it wouldn't be too bad." Lisa says awkwardly and Chaeyoung nods enthusiastically.

"That's good," She says and Lisa feels warmer. She grins. "How about you?"

"Me?" She asks and Lisa nods. "Yes, you." Lisa teases back.

"Well, I don't have any siblings. But I have two moms and two dads."

Lisa's expression falls. "My step-mom is kinda scary and we're still awkward with each other but my step-dad is really nice," Chaeyoung says excitedly.

Lisa observes her and can't help but smile at all.

"I know it might seem lame, but I want to prove to them." She says and Lisa shifts closer to Chaeyoung.

"Prove to them?" She leans her head onto Chaeyoung's shoulder. "Mhm,"

"I want to prove to them that even with all these problems, I can still grow up to be an amazing person. Someone special, y'know?" Chaeyoung says and Lisa's eyes soften.

"Mhm." She hums. "You're special enough." She mutters quietly. Chaeyoung stays silent for a moment.

Lisa startles backwards when she feels Chaeyoung's hand reach for hers. "S-Sorry," Chaeyoung says with widened eyes and tinted cheeks.

Lisa's eyes focus again and she snickers. "Hey!"

"No, I'm sorry. I just got startled." Lisa grabs onto her hand. "It isn't weird. We are dating afterall." She says and Chaeyoung shifts closer to Lisa.

Their shoulders brush against each other.

"Yeah . . ." Chaeyoung whispers.

Lisa feels her heart race.

And then her eyes open.

"Fuck," She groans at her headache. "Why'd have to remember that useless shit now?" She wipes the streams of tears from her eyes.

She sighs. Liss sucks her cheeks in. She said it didn't matter to her. She thought it didn't matter.

But Seulgi didn't fix anything.

A bandaid falls off eventually and then the wound starts hurting all over again.

"Whatever," She drapes her arm over her eye as she lays back down.

"Lisa!"

She groans.

"You're going to be late for school!"