16: Sometimes it's better to be silent

A/N School started, had an injury, things have been WHACK. I've gathered enough life to write the entire book down so I can keep a consistent update TILL THE END NOW. Yay woo hoo great!

[Note from future me: Little did I know, even if I had written chapters Wattpad would not allow me to update. I would lose electricity, break my laptop, take a break from school, and completely get overwhelmed to the point where I didn't even open this damned app anymore]

-

Joohyun sighs to herself trying not to worry her younger sister. Sure, things weren't exactly the best. She couldn't extend her gap years anymore, but at least she'd finish college faster. She tries not to be upset or have any negative emotions about the entire things.

It's been hectic and she can't blame Jisoo for hating her. She closes her eyes momentarily and nods her head. She tries to keep her exposure.

She jumps at the door suddenly bolting open as a bunch of girls spill out with teary eyes and whines. "Unnie!" There's a chorus of cries.

"Hey, guys!" She says brightly. She can see Jisoo shying away from the crowd and she pretends not to notice. She looks at Seulgi who sits at her bedside. "One month? One month! One friking month!" Seulgi exclaims.

"Well, it is what it is. It could be much worse for sure." Joohyun says positively and Seungwan has a look of disdain with crossed arms. "With that attitude, you could snap your neck and still smile." Sooyoung looks upset as well.

She mashes her lips and gives Seungwan a look she can't resist. The girl cracks a smile and Joohyun nods at her. Yerim sniffles and Joohyun panics. "Kiddo! What are you so dramatic for?"

"Unnie!" Yerim whines and Joohyun bursts into laughter at her demeanour. Yerim stops crying and glares at her. Joohyun rolls her eyes and tugs at her ear.

"Are you going to leave us?" Seulgi grabs her wrist and pulls on it. Joohyun is tugged towards her and she faces the younger girl whose quite unknowingly all up in her personal bubble. "I guess? It'd be a lie to say no." She says and Seulgi's eyes look at Joohyun for a moment.

Joohyun blinks at her reaction and keeps silent. The atmosphere slowly deflates as Seulgi is still grasping her hand and stuck to Joohyun like glue. They stare at each other for a good minute before Sooyoung clears her throat and Seulgi panickedly sits back down, letting Joohyun's wrist go immediately.

Seungwan raises an eyebrow, quick to deduce the situation, but tries not to put too much meaning into it.

"Are you going to college?" Sooyoung asks and Joohyun scrunches up her nose. She purses her lips. "Probably? I've got all the applications good to go. There were quite a bit of colleges offering me an invitation so let's see." Joohyun grins widely. Seungwan has a frown evident on her face.

"You're still turning like eighteen," Seungwan's eyes close as she takes a deep sigh. Joohyun shrugs nonchalantly. "What can we do?"

"What are we going to do without you?" Seulgi sputters out, Joohyun is still smiling ever so brightly.

"You can take over." Joohyun looks her in the eyes and Seulgi's heart drops to her stomach. She grins even wider. "I trust you."

Seulgi's eyes fall to the floor. She bites her lip. "I'm not ever going to do that, Unnie." She mutters quietly and Joohyun tilts her head. She taps at her chin. Seulgi reluctantly looks up at her.

"Why not?"

"There's no point in having someone fill up an empty space to put meaning into something that becomes meaningless." She says and Joohyun's eyes jump. "Seulgi," Seungwan calls out to her and Seulgi looks up at her.