Chapter 40: A Shopping Spree (5/5)

Start from the beginning

They were currently talking about your so-called brother's life. Jikal was recounting his experiences with the two curious and jealous hedgehogs, making things up with his imagination,— to avoid exposing anymore secrets. You slightly shook your head in annoyance; Jikal's tricks were futile because you were going to tell the truth to them anyways.

You thought that it isn't fair to lie to their faces all the time. 

"Apparently," You snapped out of your thoughts in order to continue explaining to Tails the full story. "A princess kissing her Sorumeito is a big deal because it confirms or strengthens the fact that they are going to be married in the future... Kinda like a betrothal or something like that.." You concluded. Tails made an ACK!

"And that's what I did, so now....-" You looked again at Sonic and Ex. They were nodding their heads off at Jikal's lies while mentally cursing and screaming bloody murder at him, literally. 

"SERIOUSLY? MY BIG BROTHER?? MARRIAGE??? ARE YOU INSANE?????" Tails screeched. You took a short glance at him once again. "Unfortunately, and as impossible as it seems, yes. There's no sure answer that I'm getting married to him, but if I ignored this, 'bad things will happen'. Quoted by Jikal." You answered. 

Tails inhaled sharply and put a gloved hand over his mouth, whilst looking towards Sonic and Ex with his eyebrows furrowed together. ". . . Well this is going to be chaotic." He thought. You sighed and mentally agreed. "When are you going to tell them? The others?" He asked you. You immediately flinched. 

". . . Uhh, I don't think they have to know about this-""Are you kidding me?! Of course they have to know!!! They're your friends, they deserve to know!!!" You winced and looked down to the ground. "Do Ex and Sonic even know about this...?" He asked you. You hesitated for a while.

". . . At the right time, Tails... I mean, look at you! You almost lost your mind learning about it!" You pointed out. He nodded in silence. "You have a point..." He blurted out.

"So, uh..." Sonic blurted out, before crossing his arms. Ex gave him a knowing look, as it seems. Sonic returned the look back and directed his attention towards that red echidna next to you; who was apparently smiling ear to ear.

"How long have you and (Y/N) been together?" 

You almost choked on air. Instantly, you snapped your head towards Sonic's direction and stared at him, dead straight in the eye. It wasn't a glare, though. It was a plain, old stare. You were shocked. You weren't angry. Well, you could've been. But the utter shock and adrenaline in your system prevented you from being so.

"What...?-" "Did he just say what I think he said...?" Silver asked Shadow. The ebony hedgehog shrugged in reply. Amy, Blaze, and Cream's attention were brought to you and to the two blue speedsters. "Great. Just great." You sighed in annoyance. Rouge and Knuckles' conversation was cut off by Sonic's unexpected question that popped up out of the blue. 

". . . This. Is going bullshi-" Tails coughed his own thoughts off. 

He must've remembered your existence and your ability to peer through others' thoughts. Whatever reason there is, you were glad that he didn't continue the thought. Sonic noticed your sudden movements. He looked back at you, and in his eyes were something sparking up. You stared back at him. You were too shocked to even talk.

". . . Is that a good sign from (Y/N)...?" Sonic thought as he looked back at his dark blue twin. "I think I hit a nerve..." He added, nervously. "Why are you asking me? I'm never good at telling signs. I just, give death glares whenever someone fucks up... Just...- Go on, and don't stop." Ex murmured in the back of his mind. Sonic looked once more at him, seemingly in disbelief about his twin's advice.