Chapter 39: A Shopping Spree (4/5)

Hey-o, everybody!

It's me again, Wild-y! Back at again with a new chappy!

How's everybody? Doing good?

Okay then, have fun and enjoy the chapter! ^^

Warning though, there will be some slight gore with looks-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Last Time on "~Not Your Typical Love Story~"...-

I suddenly snapped out of my trance as I looked back at Jikal. He was looking at me; patiently waiting for me to continue.

"Then that means.." I continued. I looked back at Sonic and Ex. They were now arguing with each other because of the fact that Ex's borrowed gun was confiscated for bringing it into a public store.

". . . If I can't marry the both of them, then..." I trailed off as Jikal gave me a knowing look.

". . . That means, I have to choose."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Your P.O.V.~

". . . So... Have you already decided on who to choose???" Jikal asked me as we both stepped into the store. 

The bell made a soft DING!, signalling our arrival. Murmurs and whispers could be heard all around, and the smell of synthetic material and the slightly nauseating smell of brand new shoes wafted by. For some weird reason, the security guard didn't even bother to ask us as to why Jikal brought a wooden staff inside the store.

I slightly flinched at Jikal's question. "I-... I don't know, Jikal... I'm-... I'm still unsure..." I trailed off as I began to walk around. 

He followed me and nodded. "I understand. Take your time..." He smiled at me,— reassuringly, and wrapped an arm around my shoulder in attempt to comfort me in my current situation. I sighed in relief and rested my head against his shoulder. "Thanks, Jikal..." I whispered as we stopped in front of the gang,— who were now lining up to pay. 

He smiled even more. We both looked up ahead,— only to see the others happy about what they bought. Suddenly, his smile slightly faltered. I caught this and it made me curious. "Why...? Is there something wrong???" I asked him out of concern, but mostly curiosity. 

I suddenly realized the fact that my uncle had shown him the future... 

He looked down at me and gave a weak smile. "Nothing's wrong... I just want you to be happy, dear sister. I want the best for you..." He responded. I gave him a smile. "Aww, that's so heart-warming, Jikal... Thank you." I replied. He smirked. 

"I know that I can't choose for you, and I know that I can't keep bugging you, but I'm here to guide you. To make sure that you choose the right person."

"Choose the right, what???" A voice interrupted. "Ah, shit..." I panicked to myself. We looked behind, only to be greeted by two pairs of eyes,— a pair of emerald ones, and a pair of crimson ones. Jikal suddenly let go of me as we both faced the two speedsters in front. "Oh, uh! Sonic, Ex! There you are!" I started off,— trying to keep my cool. Both of them were sending glares at Jikal.

"Jikal and I were just talking about-.. Uh, choosing the right shoes! Y'know, for me!" I added,— nervously, as the others began to approach us. I took a glance at Jikal,— and from what I can tell, a curl developed on the end of his lips. He was trying to keep it all in. "Nice excuse, (Y/N)... REAL smooth...~" He chuckled. I playfully rolled my eyes at this. "Oh, shut up. At least I made a better excuse than you can come up with." I snapped back.