Chapter 26: The beginning part 2

A/N Gore warning, thank you for reading!A/N

Chapter 26: The beginning part 2

Slowly light flashed behind my eyelids and I struggled to open them on the sound of scuffling, screams of anger and a  wet splash.

Forcing my eyes open I gasped as I noticed I wasn’t dead but I was back in my time, laying on the table with my chest forced open.  A warm heart was pumping blood through my rotting corpse. 

I tried to scream as my eyes swiveled around the room, landing on a dead Robbie whose chest was ripped open his heart missing to the broken stuff lying around trashed, but no sound would leave my lips.

Slowly I followed the trail of blood to Jordan who was sitting on the floor across from Robbie but he was breathing shallowly.

“Ey Scar, are ya back with me? I’m-I’m a bit hurt but don’t ya worry ya new heart will make you whole” he said with a twisted smile as he pushed his left up to stumble across the room to lean over me and touch my face.
I couldn’t speak but I felt my body getting stronger but it was slow, like cold honey being poured in my veins.

A shadow encased us and as Jordan turned I saw him smile then just as fast the smile vanished as a small knife slashed across his throat, his eyes bugged out as he turned back to me mouthing something I didn’t catch as his blood poured into my open  chest, his eyes glued to me as he died.

Fear moved the heart in my chest faster but his blood made my recovery faster, I was able to groan out a sound of fear as Jordan’s body was tossed aside and Older me stepped into view.

“You did good. You saved them!” he said but he looked aged, falling apart.

“W-What happened? Why are you here if they are alive? You can go back, right? Why did you kill Jordan?”I said between coughs. My voice was scratchy and I felt something squirm in my throat.

“Ah was I ever this naïve? We can not return to our lost times, that’s I went to yours. To correct our original mistake.” He stopped talking then a and just starred at me while slowly running a finger over my face.

“B-but w-why are you stil-"

“because I need to take one last thing from you, your place. You see I’m the first so I get the right to live this life, without my intervention you wouldn’t be h.e.r.e” he said as his disturbing smile widened showing decaying teeth.

Fear racked my body as I started to struggle to move as he moved his hand over my chest sealing it before leaning over and sucking the air from my mouth but instead of my breath leaving my body I felt my energy pull out, leaving me colder then I had ever felt, even in death.

“once I absorb your life I’ll take this body we worked so hard to get running again hehehehe. Don’t cry, just think of it as a loan, now it’s time to pay up.”

As he began draining my life again I felt something shake and shiver inside.  The same thing that had tried to come out before with Dave.
I didn’t fight it this time, instead I embraced it and it was as if a chain clicked into place and my memories I had locked away, hit me like a dumbtruck.

My vision faded as memories flooded me, memories and with it my powers I had capped.

With a thought I sent one of my past vessels into the wall where I kept it suspended.

Slowly I sat up and hopped off the table stepping over the body of Jordan.

*Sigh* what a waste.

“I am sorry, but I have to destroy you now. You were supposed to die that day, instead you ran from fate. I created you to die so Alistar would come find ME” I hollered in his face as anger at my original plan being fucked up because the decoy I made decided to fall in love with MY DARKNESS.

“I- I… it wasn’t my time DIE! He loved me, he loved me and soon Yuuki would have loved me too!” He garbled back but I tightened my hold on his neck.

This decoy, this trash I created to test the bond between me and Alistar. During a life as a ballet dancer Maka (Yuuki from that time) was worried that it was the contracts that made Alistar love me, it planted doubt in my mind. It swirled and festered until I felt nothing but fear and sadness, I died of an overdose that time. Alistar didn’t understand my fall into depression and Maka knew but couldn’t say why without revealing my true identity. I couldn’t risk Alistar fear towards me and anger towards him. It took way to fucking long to get them on good terms and even longer to love.

Maka was the one human creation that I came to love, by pure accident I was caught by a seer, a child who followed me through the ages and I never received noticed.

He watched from the beginning, the twisted one attempted to absorb my orb, a child I stayed with as a sacrifice, a son of somebody, a slave, a servent, a worshipper. So many times he came back and remembered… After a while with his countless times of trying to woo me and ‘Take’ me from Alistar I fell for him.
So instead the next time I reincarnated I created a decoy, someone with simular essence to fuel Alistar but nothing else.

I knew he would assume I had no memories of the past since I locked a little away each time just to have him woo me so deeply each time and ensure he fell deeper in love with me.

I watched from a far and on the last day as I saw Alistar come to the realization that that boy wasn’t me, he kindly rejected him. I knew then that he really loved me but he had signed a contract with the boy.

The decoy killed me the night after He walked in on me, Yuuki and Alistar having sex. This happened six times until Alistar snapped and killed him but as per all Contracts if he kills them he forfeits his life.

It took everything in my power to keep the decoy alive, then implanted this idea into his head just for this moment.

I choked him until the life left his body and my life energy sneaked out of his eyes like light to soak into me.

‘It was time to fix this. Properly this time’ I thought as the world around me flickered out.