Chapter 1.2 A price to pay for everything

A/N ok 2nd half is done! Umm... I dono if anyone is reading this? O.o I haven't gotten any responses or even any constructive criticism. But bill keep going for now! End  A/N😅

The next day was horrid.
I was sore from the beating Sister Merryweather and Sister Claudia gave me the night before for being out after curfew and also from the punch in the gut from Jordan and to make things better everyone at school now knew I tried to kiss him. He had told everyone! The sneers from the teachers and the pushes, jabs and catcalls from the students was enough to make me physically sick but the worst of it was when I saw Jordan in the halls with Robbie and his gang. They shoved me into the janitor’s room and hit and kicked me till I was bloody then ran yelling and fist bumping each other. Jordan had stayed last. He said nothing as he stared me in the eyes. He abruptly kneeled down and I thought he was going to start hitting me again but all he did was run his fingers over my lips taking as much of my blood and spit on it as he could then proceed to lick it clean before leaving. I stayed on the ground for an hour shaking from on the cold floor. I let my eyes wonder over the dirty dusty closet that was now even more dirty with my blood smeared a all over the ugly gray floor tiles and I tried to understand why. What had I done so wrong? Other then try to kiss my crush I mean why was I so unwanted? The tears started to fall again and I finally got up the courage to move.
It hurt so bad it pulled a loud wail from my bloodied lips and made me slump back down. I am sure my one of my ribs are broken I thought as I tenderly poked at the black and blue bruise on my stomach and chest and with a sigh I forced myself through the pain to my feet and hobbled into the bright hall and flood of students who numbed and knocked into me uncaring of the bloodied state I was in.
I headed to the nurses station where the nurse Isle was on duty.
She was a somewhat pleasant woman to me being as she just did her job. She never asked what happened or faked concern just patched me up and went about her business texting whoever was her boyfriend for the day but today she sneered and me making me pause as I pushed open the large wooden sliding door.
“ come in” she said but the disgust was clear on her face as I walked in and took a sit on one of the swivel chairs and wrung my hands together as I waited for her to do what she always did which was grab the antiseptic and get my wounds cleaned BUT she just sat and starred at me making me more and more uncomfortable as the seconds ticked by.
“I-I um… ca-can you help me?” I asked hesitantly as I shifted in my chair and wrapped my arms around myself.
“with what?” she spat leaning closer to where I sat across from her and I could see she had no intention of helping me “ I see you are trying to get out of your classes now are you?”
“N-No” I stutter out but before I could ask her why she would say that when she could clearly see all the blood on me she continued
“do I need to tell the principle? If you don’t want ticket in more trove I advise you to get back to class. There is nothing wrong with yo-“
“n-nothing Wrong?! I’m covered in blood and I-I think my ribs are broken” I said as I started to shake as tears welled up in my eyes “please Mrs. Isle help m-me” I sobbed but the look of disgust just grew
“Don’t say my name you little fag! And D to think I had felt sorry for you before! Your soul is damned. Now get out” she shrieked so I slowly got up and went to the door and as I left I heard her say  “ Did you really think you’d get away with kissing my man? You little faggot! Jordan tried to be nice to you too. You deserve everything you’ve got”
That’s when I felt the tears start to fall. I slowly made my way back to class ignoring the teacher yelling at me that I was late only to hear her gasp and the sight of the blood on me l, after that she said nothing else to me and continued the class as I waited until I could escape this hell hole.

I didn’t understand it and I didn’t try to anymore.
That evening I tried to leave the school ground unnoticed but it was a useless endeavor.
They found me as I snuck out the back door of the gymnasium, a whole group of my peers waiting to jump me. I solid down to the ground and bolted but the pain in my sides and chest made it difficult to run well as I kept falling when my lags gave out from the pain and I was shaking so bad but no matter how hard I ran I could not lose them.
I had thought I was running blindly but I soon found myself at my windmill. Maybe it was me? Maybe I knew this it would happen sometime and just wanted to be in the area that held the most memories for me.
I finally stopped.
My chest was hurting to the point that with every beat of my heart blackness pooled around my eyesight. I looked around me and saw that almost the whole school (about 30 kids in all) had chased me. They stood there as though waiting for orders and then I realized why as Jordan, Robbie, Greg, Cale and Josh step forward. Each had rocks the size of baseballs in their hands,
“You’re a monster and you’re sick!” Yelled Robbie “and in the bible it says to stone those who wish to corrupt us holly ones” he yelled so all the kids could hear him.
A murmur went through the crowd as they all agreed and I felt a shiver run through me not of fear but od anger.
I was the sick one…ME yet here they were with all their faults ready to stone a boy who had nothing, No one because of a failed kiss.
“We will purify this land as I our founder once did! Stone and drown the heathen!” Yelled Greg as he gave me a sick smile
“Do you know what you’re saying? I asked in a quivering voice. “Our founder MURDERED children! They weren’t heathens he was just messed up! Call me a monster or whatever you want to but the truth is you people are the heathens. Marcie I know you want to sleep with your brother! YOU’RE BROTHER! Jane and Milanda both of you slept with Jordan! Greg you killed Robbie’s dog! Tortured it! AND YOU WATCHED ROBBIE! You are all sick. I-I just wanted to fee-”
But the words were stolen from my lips as the first stone hit my face causing blood to gush out in a torrent and the pain blinded me for a moment. I looked up to see it was Jordan who had thrown the first stone and pain stronger than any physical beating ran through me and all I could do was sob and wrap my arms around myself as I saw him stoop to pick up another stone. as I watched him the others started to throw their own stones and with one last look at Jordan fled into the woods heading towards the field that lead to the windmill. I thought if I could just make it to the windmill maybe I could barricade myself inside.
How stupid of me.
I only made it to the beginning of the field before I was hit in the back of the head.
I fell hard to the ground and at first thought it was raining as I kept feeling water running from behind my ear onto my face but I saw I was mistaken as I wiped my eyes and came back with blood.
I turned onto my back only to find I was surrounded by the mob and this time Mary Sue was the one to throw the first stone.
After a while I stopped being able to feel anything I knew I must have been broken. I felt the sickening snaps of my bones as they broke and shattered. It felt like hours before the rocks stopped hitting me. I couldn’t move and I could see there was a lot of blood around me drying in the wind. My peers stared at me and then began to run away until it was jus Jordan, Robbie and his gang.
‘Come on man we have to get out of here!” Robbie said in a shaky voice as he glanced between me and Jordan whose eyes never left mine.
“Ya’ll go on now” Was all Jordan said as he stepped closer to my bleeding body.
“NO WE ALL GO NOW” Said Greg but Cal and Josh took that as the go ahead and ran off then slowly seeing the others run Greg followed  leaving just Robbie and Jordan.
“Fuck man come on the little shit will be dead in a few minutes and I know someone probably ran to get an adult” Robbie said as he started to leave as well but stopped near the line of the woods when Jordan had not followed.
I was slowly starting to lose consciousness so I will never be sure if I heard right or if my oxygen deprived brain in all this torment was trying to make sense of what I was going through but the last thing I saw was Jordan lean down and say “It had ta be like this Scar I can’t have ya and seeing you so…I can’t let them have you either”
He said as he touched my broken forehead causing pain to course through my body
“Ya never did know how lovely you were with your shy little ways” Jordan said as he pressed his fingers into my wounds causing me to convulsed and pull a weak scream from me as my vision blacked out for a moment and when it came back all I saw was back as he was walking away and then I stopped breathing as the first drops of rain started to fall.
But there was no bright lights no heavenly music of heaven or even the howls of pain from hell. No instead I felt a tug and then slowly hushed voices started to pick up around me… did someone get the help? I thought to myself and why did the rain stop? Is this heaven? I was able to focus in on the words better now as my ears ‘popped’ like I was in an airplane.
“That poor child”
“Is his parents near?”
“Someone get a doctor!”
“Is it safe to move him out of the road?”
“HUSH. *Sigh* I will take him back to the main house. He looks fine enough to move and it was my drivers fault for not paying attention to the road” Said a smooth voice I opened my eyes cautiously expecting to feel pain any moment but felt nothing but a dull throb in my side.
The first thing my eyes adjusted to the warm rays of the sun and glanced around to see a group of people looking down at me. I could say what it was at first but something was off but my brain wasn’t working fast enough to figure out what.
Then it clicked as I started at the man who was giving orders to the others standing around me. I knew him! He was  David the second leader of my stupid town after his father’s death! But..But he was long dead!!! But there was no mistaking him I had seen enough pictures in my secret place to be able to pick him out of a line up! He was undeniably handsome with shoulder length brown hair, warm brown eyes and standing about 6’ towering over my 5’8. He was currently looking down at me with a sneer contorting his handsome features.
“Barnaby!” He called as he walked away from me grumbling under his breath the entire time only to be replace by a handsome no sexy this mad exuded it with the graceful way h moved to the way he held himself! The man had an air of regal around him that commanded respect from everyone in his path as he stepped forward. Everything about him appealed to me from his multicolored brown hair that fell to just past his shoulders With so many different shades of brown that it reminded me of the autumn trees I loved to stare at in fall to his impeccably clean butler suit and his posture would put my dance teacher to shame.
Then I glanced at his eyes and couldn’t look away. They were so beautiful a mix between blue and violet.
He stared at me with an almost stricken look before recovering and to my dismay putting on glasses that because of the glare from the sun blocked my view of his eyes.
If I didn’t know better I would have thought he tilted his head so the sun hit the glasses just so I couldn’t look at his eyes.
But that was stupid…
“Yes my lord” Came the calming sultry voice of Mr.Barnaby as he addressed the founder.
“Get the child. We shall have my personal doctor over look him” Then to the very large crowd that had gathered said “This child will be well cared for and his parents found! And if they cannot be located I will personally make sure he is well taken care of as long as he needs it!” The crowd cheered and Dave patted my head  with a wide but clearly fake smile before standing and I got the distinct feeling he was putting on a show like my principal use to do and I immediately disliked him.
Then I was being lifted. At first the pain almost made me faint but a voice whispered to me “Stay child. I will carry you and your pain” and then there was no more pain.
We got into the back of a car and I was placed on Barnaby’s lap.
“Barnaby! Get that thing off of you this instant!” Came a snarl from David
“My lord, with all do respect the boy is too ill to sit by himself”
“Then put him on the goddamn FLOOR! I refuse to have him dirty your outfit. You need to be presentable to be seen with me.” David yelled
I felt Barnaby stiffen and he pulled me so close that I could feel his chest through his shirt and whispered in my ear “My apologies child, I will make you sleep through the pain”
Then he laid me down on the floor of the car and I as soon as I felt his hands leave me I was flooded with pain and could do nothing more than give a small whimper then I saw his eyes and darkness overtook me