ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

💛zariah
17 years later
Houston, Texas📍

"You guys have to understand that people ca-"

.
.
.
"You guys have to understand that people ca-"

"People what momma?" Reila cut me off standing from the couch. "Look at him" she pointed to the tv screen. Showing was Life With The Banks starring Durk.

"You always wanna talk about how good of a fucking father he was to us, and how we shouldn't hate him. I'm sorry, but the little stories you tell and the ugly, stupid ass pictures you show us ain't shit!" She ranted.

"I've reached out to his stupid ass more than I should've, honestly because he should be reaching out to me. He talk to Zay and Zay don't even like or respect his ass. Why he can't reach out and talk to me momma? What did I fucking do to him?" She cried. "He treats Keyah like a fucking queen and she's not even his fucking daughter" she continued referring to Jay's, his fiancé, daughter.

I got up from my seat and cut the tv off. I sat next to her and she laid her head on my shoulder crying. She'd have a breakdown like this almost every month. Wondering why he just walked out on her and Zay when she was only 3.

I hated it for real because I too wondered all the fucking time. He made me fall in love with him, just to fucking leave me alone for that bitch.

He'd reached out to Zaylin last year, asking if he wanted to move back to Atlanta and stay with him. Of course Zaylin told him no because that's like moving out the country with a stranger.

Although he is their father, they don't know him from a can of paint. I've even tried to reach out to him numerous of times and he never responds. Anyways, Zaylin only communicates with him when he needs something.

Most of the time it's when Zureila needs something, because he don't like taking shit from the nigga. He too don't understand why he went and made a new family and left us in the dark, cutting us off from his life.

I put him on child support of course, but that ain't shit to them because they want his presence. I remember when Reila was 10/12 years old and all she'd wish for was her daddy coming home and showering her with love.

She's 18 now and still hasn't gotten her wish. I hate that this shit gets to her the way it does and that I can't do shit about it, but be her shoulder to cry on and try and fill the empty space in her heart.

Zaylin walked in with in an all black hoodie and a backpack around his back. "Zaylin" I groaned.

"Not today ma'" he jogged upstairs.

I got up and wiped Zureila's face, then went into the kitchen to check on the chicken I had baking. "Fuck is you crying for?" I heard Zay. "It bet not be because of that lame ass nigga again Rey" he called her by the name only he can call her.

"I ju-"

"You don't fucking need him!" He cut her off. "Damn, how many fucking times I gotta tell you that bullshit? I got you and ma, by next month that child support'll be play money for us"