N i n e :

X e n a

It was currently lunch time and I was heading to the cafeteria, I really couldn't stop thinking about Vera and Archer together.

How stupid could he be?

I pushed open the cafeteria door, people snapped their heads towards the door. Some people smiled at me sweetly which I returned the gesture to them and some people just looked at me for a second before minding their own business and doing whatever they were doing before.

I walked up to our usual table and saw Cam and Brie sitting and bickering among themselves like they usually do. But what made me laugh was Owen sitting on out table as well with his head in his hands groaning every time Brie or Cam opened their mouth to defend their point that they were arguing about.

"Finally, you're here. These two were about to make me lose my mind" Owen smiles.

"Xena!" Brie yells gathering a few people's attention, I took a seat next to Owen and across from Cam and Brie.

"During French, I came up with the best plan ever" Brie smiles.

"Brie, we've already discussed this A BILLION times, your plan sucks" Cam shakes her head before turning to me.

"Let me tell you my plan" Cam says flicking her long curly hair over her shoulder.

"Okay listen up...both you guys suck as well as your dumb plan. Xena, listen to my master plan" Owen smirks as turns to me.

"Oh lord..." I sigh before smiling and looking at Owen.

"Sure"

"What I was thinking is that maybe we could somehow get closer to Vera—"

"That plan already sounds dumb" I cut him off and smile at the girls, in a way of telling them to tell me their plans.
As soon as I heard about getting close to Vera, the plan was flushed down the drain.

"Hey what?! First listen to my plan. I know you don't want to get closer to Vera because let's be honest, who does? But for the sake of your soulmate I think that's the only logical way" Owen says.

"As much as I want to disagree...he's right. His plan is the most logical one. I'm not going to lie as say that my plan didn't have to do with violence" Cam mumbles.

"Yeah..." Brie nods along with Cam.

"Alright...what's your plan" I sigh looking at Owen who already had a smug look on his face.

"anyways, you three start getting close to Vera, let her tell you all her secrets and when she spills about being Archers fake soulmate you'll have proof because...wait for it" he says lifting his finger up for suspense. "You'll be recording her" he smirks like he just found out how to end world hunger.

"You see...you had me in the first half" Cam butts in.

"My plan is pretty good though" he stares at Cam.

"Or I could just convince him that I'm his soulmate. You know by reminding him that I was the one who kissed him and that both our marks are gone" I simply say looking at my wrist.

"Actually, my plan isn't that great" Owen shakes his head.

"Speaking about marks...Shouldn't Vera have one if she isn't Archers real soulmate?" Brie asks

"Holy..." my eyes widen and I turn around to see Vera talking animatedly with her friends while moving her hands around. And sure enough she didn't have a mark on either of her two wrists.

"So...either means that she's covering up her mark or she actually found her soulmate but ditched him for Archer" I turn back and look at the table.

"Knowing what type of person Vera is, I would go for the latter" Owen glares at the back of Vera's head.

"But if she did find her soulmate wouldn't she have hung out with him at least once?" Cam asks

"Only guy I've seen her hang out with is Archer" I grit out.

"So that just leaves us with the option that she's covering her mark" Brie shrugs.

Just then Archer walks into the cafeteria looking down at his phone, the whole cafeteria goes silent. Some people were staring at him which included me and a few other girls who might have a crush on my soulmate.

"I should probably go before he gets suspicious" Owen says and stands up before archer could see him sitting with us. He walks to their usual table and sits down, Archer then looks us and see Owen sitting on their table.

Everyone had already gone back to doing whatever they were doing except for a few people staring at him which only consisted of Vera and I staring at him.

"Babe! Where were you" I heard Vera say as she skipped to Archer and clung to him like her life depended on it. I also noticed how she oh so shamelessly rubbed her chest near his arm.

I didn't miss how Archers eyes met fine for a second before he looked down at Vera with a tight smile.

"Sorry, I had got a call from my dad. He needed some help with some work" he says before he took a seat across Owen.

It actually completely slipped my mind that Archer would soon be taking over his dads business as CEO when he graduates.

Why do I find that hot?

I sighed and looked away. I didn't feel like eating food so I decided to get to my next class. I first quickly glanced at Archer and I caught eyes with him for a few seconds. He stared at me like he was looking into my soul.

I felt like my heart was being squeezed and that it was going to fly out of my mouth. A lump formed in my throat, in an almost painful manner. I felt my eyes start to sting and tears clouded my version.

I quickly looked away getting a bit intimidated by his stare. Before any tears could spill out of my eyes, I casually looked at the ceiling to somehow make tears go back in. I took a sip of water as well. I didn't feel like crying today morning, but I guess I just got really overwhelmed.

I then adverted my gaze to Owen and he gave me a reassuring smile as if to tell me that everything was going to be okay, I gave him a small smile before I picked up my bag from the beside my chair and I told Brie and Cam that I was heading to my next class.

"Xena. I'm really sorry this had to happen to you but I promise things would get better. Don't bottle up your emotions, just know that Cam and I are here for you" Brie stated and gave me a reassuring smile. Cam looked at me and gave me a small smile as well.

I nodded my head and left the cafeteria.

I just really hope everything gets better because I can't stand watching another girl in my soulmates arms.

———
Don't forget to VOTE ⭐️
I REALLY HATE VERA, CAN'T SHE JUST gEt a lIFe!! SHES SO ANNOYING.
love you guys ♥️
I've been on a roll with updating, I'm pretty proude of myself 😂
-Yumna 🍒