T w o :

X e n a

Monday came by really fast and before I knew it I was being woken up by the sound of my alarm clock blaring into my ear.

I groan and cover my face with a pillow to block out the sound of the alarm clock.

You see, I would have shut the alarm clock but my dad always keeps the alarms clock on my book shelf...which is across my room.

Apparently he does that so that I never get up late. So when I need to shut the alarm clock I need to get out of bed to do that.

I could have moved the alarm clock last night but I was really tired and I forgot to.

I groan when the pillow wasn't helping with blocking out the noise so I threw the comforter off my legs, walked to my book shelf. The cold breeze engulfing my body making me shiver.

I really hate the morning not only because I have to go to school but also because of how cold it usually is in the morning.

Once I shut my alarm clock I trudged to the bathroom, I rested my hand on the sink and stared at my face.

I wasn't ugly. I wasn't very pretty either.

I would call myself average looking, nothing too special.

My green-ish blue eyes looked tired but bright. My black hair reached the middle of my back. It was really knotted up though.

I turned around and turned on the shower and walked out the bathroom to take out something to wear. I usually took a few minutes for the water to heat up.

I pulled out some simple blue jeans and a cropped cream coloured sweater.

I placed my clothes on my bed before stripping off my pyjamas and taking a shower.

20 minutes later I walked out the bathroom, I changed into my clothes and glanced at the clock that was hanging on my wall.

It was already 7:30. School start at 8 so I had enough time.

I brushed through my knotty hair and then I picked up my bag and lazily made it down the stairs.

I saw Dad sitting on the dining table drinking a cup of coffee while typing away on his phone. He was wearing a dress shirt and trousers. His dress shirt rolled up to his elbow.

He was going to leave for work soon.

Once he saw me walk down the stairs he smiled at me and said good morning.

I greeted him back before pulling out some cereal and milk. I poured the cereal into the bowl and then I added the milk. I took my bowl of cereal and sat opposite dad on the dining table.

"You better finish eating, school start is 25 minutes" my dad says looking up from his phone.

I nodded my head and put the finished bowl of cereal into the sink before kissing my dad on the cheek.

"Oh and honey, remember today is your day for cooking dinner. Don't come home late" I dad gives me a pointed look.

I groan and nod my head before walking out the door with my school bag.