S e v e n :

Xena

I ended up staying at Brie's house for the weekend along with Cam.

It was currently Sunday and I was walking back to my car so I could head back home. I needed to finish any remaining homework that I had which I couldn't finish on Friday and Saturday.

A 20 minute drive later I reached my white and grey coated house. I walked up the pebbled pathway and unlocked the big wooden door.

My dad was sitting in the living room watching something on the TV in his pyjamas.

"Hey" I sigh tiredly and plopped myself down beside him.

"Why aren't you at work?" I ask him.

"I called in sick." He explains.

I frown and put a hand over his forehead to see if he had a temperature or something. But he felt normal.

"I'm not actually sick hun. I didn't want to go to work, I wanted to stay home" Dad chuckles.

"Oh, alright. I'm going to go up to my room and finish my school work. If you need anything, I'm upstairs" I smile and stand up heading for the staircase.

I reach my room and I start to do my work, after changing out of Brie's clothes. She had lended me some to wear yesterday because I didn't have any clothes since the sleepover was planned last minute.

A few hours later I look at the time and it was 8, I had finished my work at around 5 and then I decided to continue watching Teen Wolf. I heard a knock on the door and a few seconds few seconds later my dad walks in letting me know that dinner was ready.

I walk downstairs and take a seat opposite my dad.

I saw pasta on the table and I looked at him confused. Usually when it was dads turn to cook he would order take out.

"You made this?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I decided to try something new" he smiles.

"Oh that's good, I guess" I smile back and take a serving for myself.

We started talking about random things, that was until my dad started to talk about Archer.

"You've not told him have you?" My dad questions.

"Told who, what?" I play dumb, I really didn't want to talk about Archer.

"Xena" my dad gives me a pointed look.

I sigh and look down at the pasta on the plate. I push the pasta around my plate, distracting myself from my dads stare.

"No. I haven't told him" I simply say shoving food in my mouth.

"You know...if you don't tell him the bond between you two would only get stronger, and trust me it wouldn't feel good" my dad shakes his head.

I'll tell him tomorrow, it's Monday anyways and we have history together.

"I'm telling him tomorrow" I say confidently looking at my dad.

"Good. There's really nothing to worry about" my dad smiles.

We continued to talk until it started to get late, we both put our plates in the sink and headed back upstairs to sleep since I had school while my dad had work.

I went up to my room, and did my normal routine and as soon as I got into bed I saw the time and it was about to turn 10pm.

I got under my very comfy duvet and as soon as I got comfy I got a call from Cam.

I was really confused since Cam doesn't really call me this late unless she needed help with something related to school work.

"Hey, what did you need help with?" I ask as soon as I answer the phone.

"Xena! I got some news..." she says, a hint of worry in her voice.

"Cam? What's wrong?" I ask her, sitting up and resting my back on the headboard.

"You know a girl named Vera, right?" Cam suddenly asks.

I thought for a second trying to place a face on the name.

"Yeah. She's a bitch. I've always hated that pinhead" I shake my head and cringe while I look at the wall, just thinking about her makes me want to puke.

Vera is the most stupid person in the whole of Westwood High. And on top of that she thinks she rules the whole school. She's annoying in general.

"Yeah well...she kind of did...a thing..." Cam nervously says.

"What did she do?" I ask, Cam was making me nervous from the way she was talking. She sounded worried.

"She lied about something." Cam says quietly.

"Cam. Stop playing. What did she do?" I say, my patience running thin.

"Um..."

"Cam!"

"Actually. It's fine, it's a long story. I'll explain everything tomorrow. Is that okay?" Can states.

"No it's not okay! Tell me! Why would you say you needed to tell me something then the next second you're hiding it from me." I sigh

"I'll tell you! Just not now, I realised how late it is and it's a long story" she explains.

"Fine, First thing tomorrow" I state.

"Great! Goodnight!" Cam says.

"Bye" I laugh at how relieved she sounded.

Once I ended the call I put my phone back on the side table and laid back in bed.

The mind was running with soo many thoughts.

What did Cam want to say? What did Vera do? I'm sure it had something to do with either Brie, Cam or me.

A loud and long yawn escaped through my mouth.

I'm going to tell Archer tomorrow, whether I like it or not. And if he rejects me, so be it. I can live without a guy in life...but it'll be cool if he didn't reject me. He's pretty hot—scratch that— VERY hot.

Thinking about it now, I'm probably really lucky and blessed to have my crush as my soulmate...like, wow? Coincidence much?

The curly haired boy being my last thought before I drifted into a dreamless sleep.

———

Don't forget to VOTE by clicking the star icon on the bottom left corner ⭐️
Tadaaa! Sorry I haven't updated in a minute. I have winter break so hopefully I'll be able to write more chaptersss.

Quick question:
What do you think of the story so far?
I'm just curious :)

-Yumna🦃