C17. This must be a misunderstanding, right?

Fat is the biggest killer of good looks.

When Rong Yi had a crush on Li Xiaoran, he was still the most popular player on their high school basketball team.

The athletic teenager had a unique charisma that had charmed at least one whole class of Omegas, of which Rong Yi was undoubtedly one of the activists.

This spectacular teen romance ended bleakly with one side confessing his love and the other expressing his horror with the line "I'm not gay". After that, the one whose love confession failed was comforted by a gentle Alpha in the same class, which he mistakenly would be his new spring, but that was another story.

Today, having to face this dark history again, Rong Yi also felt a little bitter while sighing over how much the other person's shape had changed.

Li Xiaoran's response at that time did trigger some serious thinking as for whether or not he really had no choice but to find a gay Alpha as a partner. However, he had realised now that an Omega like himself couldn't survive even in between.

Li Xiaoran, who had already put on weight even before his middle age, saw the change of expression on Rong Yi's face, and was reassured that he hadn't mistaken someone else for Rong Yi.

He stepped up to the two men quickly, with a subtle frown: "Haven't seen you for some years. I didn't realise you really..."

Rong Yi could guess what the second half of his sentence might have been.

'With a look like yours, you really have turned out to be a homosexual in the end.'

In such circumstances, it was impossible to clarify for himself. Rong Yi furtively rubbed his hands on his side, then mimicked Li Xiaoran's frown: "Have we met before? I'm sorry I really don't have any recollection."

Li Xiaoran was dumbfounded and then scoffed.

He turned his head to Zhou Li: "So, this is your Alpha?"

With his eyes wide open and his lips closed tightly, Zhou Li thought nervously for a little while before replying: "I only mentioned it was my boyfriend. I never said he was an Alpha. I...I don't really like Alphas at all."

"I heard back then that you got together with an Omega not long after I turned you down," Li Xiaoran looked at Rong Yi. "I thought that was just a rumour...I didn't realize you really don't have restrictions of any kind."

Rong Yi looked at him: "What are you trying to say here, Mister?"

Li Xiaoran looked at him and then looked at Zhou Li.

"This guy was a big-time playboy in our school," he said. "He used his Omega status which meant he wouldn't get pregnant with people of same gender and had had promiscuous relationships with god knows how many men. You'd better watch out."

"..." Zhou Li glanced carefully at Rong Yi, and then swallowed some saliva. "Wow, I just fall for people like that. They have character."

When he finally got out of Li Xiaoran's sight, Rong Yi immediately covered his face: "There were many misunderstandings..."

"What do you mean you were rejected by him? You had even liked him in the past? Oh, my God!" Zhou Li grabbed him and shook him vigorously. "This is a misunderstanding too, right? This must be a misunderstanding, right?"

Rong Yi was embarrassed. After all this was the only thing that wasn't a misunderstanding. It was true.

This fat man, now looking a little lewd, was once a handsome sunny teenager, and he was purely blinded by his adolescent hormones at that time. Rong Yi knew that was a far-fetched excuse, though. After all, even up till this day, he was still suffering from repeated, intermittent, impulsive blindness.