30. First Day Of School

As the elves went through with the burial process of Old lady Sarah. Sato and Gray stealthily logged off for the night.

"Sleep well, Sato." Gray said lovingly.

"You too, Gray. Goodnight." With that, Sato got out of the gaming pod and went to bed. Normally, when people stay in an unfamiliar environment, they would not be able to sleep well for the first few nights. For Sato's case, he slept like pig, without a care in the world.

At 8.30am, Hank the butler knocked on Sato's door.

"Sir, it is time to wake up and get ready for school." Hank said respectfully. "When you are ready, you can head down for your breakfast."

"Mmm... Alright." Sato got out of bed feeling refreshed. Even though they had played games till 4am, the nutrient filled gaming pod allowed Sato to enter a sleep like state even when he is in game. This allowed him to feel as per normal, maybe even better.

Washing up and tidying his bed head, Sato went down for breakfast in his sleep wear. Downstairs, he saw Gray already sitting down at the dining table, having his morning coffee.

"Good morning, Gray."

"Good morning." Gray replied with a smile. "I made breakfast. Eat it while it's hot."

"Oh, thank you." Sato sat down in front of Gray as he digged into his meal. Today, he was served a ham omelette with a hash brown on the side. "Mmm! The hash brown is freshly made?"

"Yeah. I minced the potato before frying it to golden brown." Gray explained.

"Wow. The omelette is good too!" Sato savored the salty flavours from the brined ham.

"I'm glad you like it." The general had a wide smile on his face after seeing Sato's reaction. He had woken up earlier to prepare a nice breakfast for the boy.

"However, I feel bad for letting you make the breakfast." Sato said guiltily. "I should be the one making the breakfast for you. From now on, let me do it."

"Let us take turns then." Gray tried to make a compromise. He too wanted to cook for Sato. "I want to improve in my cooking."

"Fine, but when you do not want to cook, I will takeover."

"Whatever you say, I will comply." Gray smiled. "Also, put on at least one of the clothes I gave you today."

"Alright!" said Sato enthusiastically.

When the two finished their meal, it was 9am. Sato left to prepare for his first day of school. He was very excited. The boy couldn't help but skip blissfully into his room. Humming to a familiar tune, he looked in his wardrobe, trying to pick a suitable wear for today.

The weather now is getting colder. Picking out a soft grey hoodie, Sato wore it over his plain white tee. He kept it simple, a tshirt and jeans. Carrying his bag with his notebook, pens and tablet, he went downstairs to find Gray waiting in simple casual wear.

"Are you not wearing your army uniform?" asked Sato.

"Don't you know I change into uniform in my office?" Gray looked at Sato with a playful look. The young man was reminded of the time when he woke up to his boss's body, causing him to turn red like a tomato. "Let us leave for your university then, I will drive you to school."

"Alright, let us go."

Today, Gray decided to drive a silver Porsche to work. It was, to a certain extent, a downgrade from his Gale X car.

The car ride was rather peaceful. The two didn't actually talk, yet the atmosphere wasnt awkward. There was only classical music playing in the background, Gray drove his car. Sato looked out the window, smiling. He was appreciating the view of the city as they travelled along the highway into the city center.

"Are you ready for school?" Gray ended the silence after a while.

"Yeah, I am." Sato contemplated before speaking.

"Is there something wrong?"

"No. Not really. Why do you say so?"

"You had to think about my question before. For a person that is so ecstatic to go back to school, there must be something that is bothering you." Gray analysed Sato deeply. He basically read him like a book.

"I was just thinking about your new assistant." Sato came clean. "If I had to be honest, the other two candidates aren't really suitable to be your personal assistant."

"Mmm? Why do you say so?" The answer pique Gray's curiosity.

"Well for starters, the two other candidates don't actually dress appropriately for the job. Rather, they choose to wear the obscene wears to please your eyes."

"What makes you think I do not like that?"

"You... You do?" Sato was stumped which made Gray start laughing.

"I'm kidding. I'm not the slightest bit interested in these girls. I wasn't even planning to hire them."

"Oh, then why didn't you just remove them from the trial?"

"I don't really have a say in them. Those two ladies were a ploy by my parents to get me to fall in love with one of them." The answer made Sato laugh too.

"I can tell that their plan had failed since you are here discussing about them with me."

"Yeah. They have been doing this for the past 3 years, trying to set me up with a potential lady in my life. However, they are nothing in my eyes."

"It seems like your parents really want grandchildren."

"Well, they are not going to get any." Gray answered childishly.

"Anyways, going back to your new PA, what are you going to do about it? Isn't Ms Siara about to give birth?"

"I wanted you, but school is more important than my needs." Gray's answer made Sato feel warmer on the inside.

"Thank you for fufilling my selfless request."

"It's nothing. For the personal assistant case, you do not have to worry about it. I will use the schedule you planned for today, while you just focus on school." Gray rubbed Sato's hair once again. He does to Sato rather often and yet, Sato never minded it. He realised that he had gotten comfortable with his boss that everyone thought was cold.