11. The Dream

The game time was currently set at night. Yet, the moonlight was bright enough for Sato to see his surroundings. Looking at the reflection from the lake will give off a vague picture of Sato.

Although, just from that, he was able to tell the distinct features of the elf race. He has silvery hair that glistens in the sun and moon. His ears are pointy and eyes green like the evergreen trees in the forest. He was extremely charming, enough to cause a conflict between the kingdom's princesses to fight over him.

However, this is a problem right now as he was simply too weak. If he was to show up anywhere in this get up, the Demons may catch on to him and try their very best to kill him. He needed a disguise.

The timing right now was perfect to go back to the village. Enemies had a lower visibility range of him due to 'Night Hunter'. Sato moved faster than before. After 10 minutes, it was as if he was a fish in the sea. Just like in real life, Sato learned things fast and could adapt quickly to different situations.

The Elven Assassin could be seen leaping from tree to tree, nimbly maneuvering between branches. If he were to activate stealth, people may mistake him for a rustle from the wind.

The young man reached back to the beginner village in record speed. No one before leaving this place could rival him now. He was basically a hack in the system. Sato entered the clothing store and immediately picked out and wore a hood that covered his entire head except for his eyes. He now looked more like a cold-blooded assassin. Paying the cashier with the limited cash he started with in the beginning, Sato left and stood in between two houses before logging off.

It was already 12 midnight. He needed to get some rest to prepare himself for the long day ahead.

As Sato was sleeping, he soon fell into a strange dream.

"Sato... Sato... Sato!" A voice rang in his dream. "Wake up! Wake up!"

Sato felt fuzzy. He rubbed his eye innocently as he looked for the person that called out to him. The figure looked blurry, but his voice felt familiar. "You have to leave now. Now!"

The man held the sleepy boy's hand as he took him outside and placed him in a car. Unknown to what was happening, Sato slept again and woke up in real life.

In the morning, at the office, the group of trainees was being briefed by their trainer on their mock test. "For the next three working days, the three of you will be individually tested and evaluated on your overall performance. I have given each of you a set of the General's event list to which you are to plan out his day for him. You will then accompany him to the events and adjust accordingly on the day itself."

Siara had set up 3 separate stations for them. They each possess an office phone and a personal computer to create the schedule and do some research.

Siara gave the list to the three trainees, each in charge of a different day. For Sato, he was on the first working day of the week, a Monday. Looking at the meeting slots and timings, needed to fit them in so that the General would have ample time to travel to and fro places. He needed to also plan out the meal times and alternatives if his original schedule were to fall apart.

Throughout the whole morning, Sato kept yawning from exhaustion. The dream from last night seemed to put a toll on his body. However, he pushed through and started calling the different divisions that needed to have a meeting with the General. There were several time slots that clashed and he needed to iron out the different meeting times. There was also the event, 'People's Innovation Day' that Gray was supposed to attend as the VIP. He needed to inform his boss that a speech was required during this event.

And so, the young man left Siara's office and headed to find General Gray. He had checked today's calendar and found that the General was set to come into the office early for 'Proposal Briefing'. Signaling to the bodyguards that he wanted to see the General for administration reasons, they let Sato into the room.

There he was sitting at his desk. He had not changed into his uniform yet and was wearing a tight-fitting black polo t-shirt. His bulging biceps were squeezed tightly by the sleeves. His chest muscles pushed against his shirt. It was a sight to behold. He looked like an athlete from the Polo Club, professional and poised.

"Um, Sir General. I would like to speak to you about the upcoming People's Innovation Day event that is coming up next Monday." Sato spoke nervously.

"Gray."

"Pardon?"

"Call me Gray."

"Ok. Um Sir General Gray, I would like to speak to you about..." It was then, his boss interrupted him with a light chuckle.

"Just call me Gray or Mr Gray. No need for the formalities." Gray answered the overly serious boy.

"Alright... Mr Gray?" As Sato spoke his name, Gray looked up at him with a light smile. Normally, people could rarely see this side of Gray, however, Sato is one of the people that he shows it to. He looked very charming, causing Sato to forget what he was going to say.

"Sit down by the sofa for a bit. I will talk to you in a bit." Sato listened to him and sat where he had slept previously. He could hear the clicking sounds of Gray's mouse. The keyboard was tapped rhythmically. Sato started to doze off from the waiting. The room was simply too peaceful.

When Gray finished his work, he walked towards Sato. The young man had his fist under his cheek as he was sleeping soundly. His slightly chubby cheek was squished by his fist. He looked extremely innocent and cute.

Gray bent over and moved the boy's hair away from his eye. He got a better view of his face. Gray smiled charmingly as he admired Sato for a bit before sitting down on the sofa. It was unfortunate that he had a meeting soon and could not spend more time looking at him. The light movement jolted Sato awake.

"Oh I'm so sorry Sir! I did not sleep well last night." Sato apologized.

"It's alright, carry on with what you wanted to say. Also, call me by my name when we are alone please." Gray changed back to his usual cool self. It was very different from the man that was admiring the sleeping Sato.

"Yes, Mr Gray. I came by to inform you about the People's Innovation Day speech that is needed to be prepared. Would you like me to create one for you or would you prefer to do it yourself?"

"You can create one for me then."

"Alright. Also, Mr Gray, may I ask what are your preferences when it comes to food?"

"Whatever you cook."

"Pardon?"

"Anything. I'm fine with anything." Gray changed his answer.

"Oh alright. I shall head back and draft a speech now. When I am finished, I will email it to you to check through."

"Print it and bring it over to me instead."

"Sure thing, Mr Gray." Sato bowed as he left the room.

Back in the office, Gray rubbed the bridge of his nose as he sighed. You have grown up, Sato.