4. Sato Wakes Up

Sato scrunched his face as he grimaced in pain. Him taking a knee to the stomach had left a bruise on his body. It made him feel rather weak and it took him a while to realize that he was in a different place.

Where am I? Was I kidnapped? Sato had thought that the man with the knife had taken him away and locked him in some dungeon. His thoughts ran about carelessly.

It was then that he heard a light scruffle sound made behind the sofa that he was lying on. Struggling to get up, Sato pulled himself up to see over the leather sofa. The young man saw an evenly built man half-naked. His toned upper body was showing, six-pack abs and well-defined chest, it was a whole package. The man had not noticed that sato was watching as he continued to take off further, this time being the pants.

After looking at the man's body, he realized that it was the man whose phone was stolen. Sato also started blushing as he examined that perfect body of his. He started panicking more as he realized that the man was taking off his pants.

Why did this feel like a voyeur? I'm clearly a guy too, Sato thought inwardly.

When the man's pants were off, you could clearly see the tight bottom and sturdy thighs that were chiseled onto him. If he were to be placed against the top male models in the world, he would most definitely not lose. A tall muscular body that exerted dominance and masculinity. It was every girl's dream to date such a man.

Sato blushed even more as he continued to stare at the man. He never once blinked or even breathed loudly. It was as if time froze for him and he was just admiring a work of art.

The man eventually put on a set of dark blue uniforms. The man was wearing a standard No.3 uniform in Country Z, only those of high ranks were able to put it on. As the man looked up, he finally noticed the gaze of Sato on him. He then walked up to him slowly, while barefooted.

He then placed a hand on Sato's shoulder to which he asked caringly. "Are you alright?" It was short and simple, but anyone could tell that he had asked with sincerity.

"Ye... Yeah. I am ok." Sato stuttered a little. "Thank you for saving me from that thief."

"It was my fault from the start. You do not need to thank me." The man answered back immediately.

"Ok. But may I ask you to inform me where have you brought me?"

"You are at the Central Manpower Base." After hearing the man's answer, Sato sighed in relief. At the very least he was at the location of the interview. Just then, something came across to him.

"Wait a minute! What time is it!?" Sato grasped the wrist of the man desperately.

"It is 9.10 am now." The instant the man said the timing Sato knew that he was dead meat.

"Shit!" Sato, with a burst of adrenaline, jumped out of the sofa and ran out of the room. He was late and could not be bothered about anything else. He needed this job and needed it badly.

The young man ran towards the nearest directory and found that the interview room was located on the same floor he was on. It was located at the end of the hallway.

Running with all his might, Sato eventually made it and he came to realize that he was probably the last one there. A woman with a big belly was looking at the clock as she stood in the middle of the hallway. She then looked up and saw the late interviewee.

"You are late." She spoke simply before turning around to the rest of the 19 interviewees. "Alright everyone, I will now split you up into two groups of 10, group A and group B. When I call out the names, please move to one side."

After finishing up the formalities, the interview officially started. Sato was part of group A. He moved into the conference room just like the others. He had noticed that out of the 20 people, only 2 of them were guys. In fact, most of the women who had applied look very beautiful and must've been the school's belle during their times.

As they sat down in a row at the front of the conference table, behind it were five other individuals.

"Now I shall give you interviewees a brief introduction. My name is Siara, I am the personal assistant that may just be replaced by one of you. The three behind me are respectively Colonel Cyrus, Colonel John, and Ms. May. These three individuals closely work with my boss and they would be helping me to judge you. Before I disclose more about my job profession, you would first have to sign this digital clause that requests for your confidentiality on this matter. " Siara handed out 10 tablets with a signature space for the interviewees.

After reading through the clause, Sato realises the seriousness of this job. However, that did not cause his resolve to decrease. He signed the confidentiality contract.

"Now, let me begin by first saying welcome to the Central Manpower Base. Today we would be streamlining the 20 of you down to 3 individuals that will personally undergo training conducted by me. The training will hopefully last for 2 weeks, if you know what I mean, and by the end of this, I will select the perfect candidate." All the interviewees had figured out what she had meant as she had pointed to her belly.

"First things first why don't we go down person by person and introduce yourself and what degree you have majored in." Siara continued. The statement that she had just said made Sato rather stumped as he heard her saying that he needed a degree.

"Good morning sirs and madam, my name is Holly Windlock. This year I am 25 years old and I have a Masters in Financial Management at P University." Subsequently as each individual spoke, Sato slowly realised how bad of a predicament he was in. The people that went so far had a Masters degree in some form or another and it was just him alone that didn't have any.

It was then when the door had opened up widely by two people in tuxedo suits. A person and his lackie slowly strolled into the room. It had caused everyone to stand up. Only Sato remained slightly clueless and had reacted slightly later than everyone else.

Who is this guy that caused everyone to stand up so abruptly? Sato thought. Also why did the man's back look so familiar?

The mysterious person turned around and looked at the ten individuals that were behind him. As he scanned the people, only one of them had caught his eye and that person was Sato.

Sato was also shocked after seeing him appear once again infront of him. What are the chances of that happening? He exasperated inwardly.

"Sir Major General! Can we have your permission to proceed on with our meeting for your potential Personal assistant?" Colonel Cyrus asked loudly to the man in blue.

Major General?! That man who rescued me was a Major General?!?! Sato was at a loss of words. He had not only ran out of the Major General's office, but had also seen him naked. Now, he has to bump into him again during this meeting?

The Major General nodded his head and proceeded to the center seat that was empty previously. Siara then addressed all of us. "Alright now that my boss is here, allow me to introduce him to everyone. The position you are applying for is to be the Personal assistant of Sir Major General Gray Tobion."

"This was the reason why we had you sign the confidentiality clause as this is for the sake of protecting both my boss and yourself." When Siara had said the introduction of him, Sato froze immediately. He knew that this encounter was rather coincidental and bazaar. My saviour may just become my boss?

" Now we shall carry on with the introduction. Ms Turner, could you continue on? " The introductions moved on and in lightning speed it had reached Sato's turn. His mind went blank.

What am I going to do? I can't just lie. I would definitely be undergoing a thorough check through before getting this position. I guess I would just have to tell the truth.

Taking in a deep breath and letting it out quietly, Sato spoke confidently. "My name is Sato Takahashi. I am 20 years old. Due to financial issues, I was forced to drop out of University Z and pursue a job so as to generate some tuition fees. I hope you consider my application!"