81: Preparations

In a snowy mountain village of Country N, a place where military strifes were frequent in the big cities, only the smaller towns were uninvolved with the conflicts. The villages lacked technological advancements as compared to most major cities. Thus, it was very uncommon to see a mountain village have electricity and communications with the outside world.

Yroth sat inside a traditional straw hut, in front of the circular fireplace, smoking a cigarette. Ever since his escape a week ago, his bald head had just started to grow out small strands of hair. It was a long way to go to get back his silky neon green hairstyle.

Yroth had just ended the call with Gray. He sniggered as he puffed his cigarette one last time before extinguishing it in the fireplace. Ever since he came to this unknown village that his subordinates set up for him, he started to put his plans to fruition. From the day that he got locked up in prison, all the way till now, he had been ploting his revenge on Gray, the bastard that ruined all of his plans. If it weren't for him, his drug cartel would've become the biggest drug organisation in the world within the next 5 years.

Beside Yroth was a plastic file containing a document with information on Gray. He picked it up casually, flipping through the intel that his underlings had gathered for him. His eyebrows raised when he read a certain part of the paper.

"It seems like Gray has not changed one bit."

On the document, showed a picture of a young man who had a lot of handsome asian features. His dark brown eyes had a certain charm for whoever that looks at him. That young man was Sato. The document Yroth was currently reading was detailing the people that Gray hangs out most often with.

It is almost impossible for anyone to acquire data on Gray, since he was not only a Major General in Country Z, but was also a part of the Tobion Family. However, the deeply seeded organisation that Yroth set up in Country Z, had enabled him to spy on Gray over the years in secrecy.

"It seems like Sato Takahashi is most definitely the most precious person in my Gray's heart, " Yroth knew about the General's relationship with Sato back in the past when he had launched an ambush on him. Yet, after all these years, they were still together. Taping on his file rhythmically, he laughed out maniacally. "Looks like my upcoming revenge will have to involve Mr. Sato again... "

...

In Gray's car, the Major General's aura had turned dark and solemn. Butler Potter shivered slightly at the sight of Gray's expression. The current look on his face embodied an asura that was trying to contain his anger in him for his enemies. Any second Gray looked like he would explode in fury.

Surprisingly, the atmosphere cooled down after a few seconds. Gray had looked at the sleeping young man on his lap and immediately contained himself. His thoughts were racing, thinking about what should be his next course of action.

This time I shall not make the same mistake I made 3 years ago. Yroth is surely going to seek his revenge on me, just like last time. The timing is inconclusive, but there are many precautionary measures that needs to be taken now. Sato, I will not let anything harm you again.

Without a care of the world, Gray bent his back, leaning in closer to Sato. A cool breeze, a silent night, a light peck on Sato's cheek. Gray cared for Sato and would make sure nothing would happen to the boy.

...

At home, Sato was carried and laid in bed slowly. Gray watched over him for a short moment, before heading to his room to start his preparations. Butler Hank and Potter and even Ms. Paula, the head housenaid were already waiting in there for their young master. Gray's once calm and soothing aura had changed back to his strict and solemn self.

"Hank, I will be needing you to double-up on your protection for Sato. From tommorow onwards, make sure there are people secretly watching over his safety in the school campus. I do not want a single hair on him to be loss. Also, everyday, prepare a report on who Sato interacts with and any suspicious-looking person you see around him." Gray briefed his helpers one by one.

"Paula, strengthen the security around the compound and especially around this house. Double up on the guards on duty. Make sure that the patrol timings are within a 15 minute interval. Also, take note of anyone that interacts with our property or suspicious-looking people that lurk around our house. " Even though Sato only knew her as a housemaid, but behind the middle-aged looking lady was actually a vast long military background. Paula was originally a female bodyguard for Gray's mother, Melanie. Back then, she had participated and led many military missions in Country Y. Now, she was the acting "head housemaid" of the Tobion house.

"Potter, contact the Chief of Navy and Chief of Air force. Set up a meeting for us, preferably within this week. Also, tell Colonel John that I will be coming into his office first thing in the morning for a meeting, pertaining to Yroth."

"Yes, young master." The three subordinates of Gray left the room to carry out their tasks with haste. They knew that this time Gray was truly pissed.

When the room was left to himself, Gray sat down in his leather seat. He opened his classified-level computer and entered the World Security Organisation Network (WSON). The WSON is a standalone platform that only the highest statuses in the world could enter. Even the top 1 percenters of the world have to go through stringent sifting to get into this network. This was where the heads of major economical countries, monopolies, military chiefs would discuss and propose their solutions to problems of Global Importance.