166: PK Battle 1

"Sign me up too." Gray followed along. It was definitely more fun to take part in PKs than to watch them. As he wasn't as active as Sato and he had loss 2 levels from the failed mission, Gray remained at Lvl40.

"Alright, hehe." Sato sniggered a little before registering for Gray under a different alias. Gray also couldn't use his original name DK Seven as anyone would be able to associate him easily with the Number 5 guild in the world, The Dark Knights. "Here you go."

Taking the slip of paper, Gray saw what the cheeky boy had changed his name to. On it wrote, "Dawnlore's Biggest Fan".

"I actually quite like this name," It seemed that the plan to tease Gray didn't come to fruition for Sato. The young man pouted seeing that Gray actually liked the name. Gray proceeded pull Sato in closer to his chest and gave him a kiss on his head. "I will like any name you come up for me."

"That's not fun!"

"Why is it not fun?"

"Well, I won't be able to tease you anymore..." Sato crossed his arms, disappointed.

"Why can't you tease me?"

"You won't get angry at me.."

"Then, would you prefer if I get angry at you?" Gray pinched the cute boy's face.

"No..." Sato puffed up his cheeks, "But you have to learn to throw tantrums sometimes too, okay?"

"Okay, okay." Gray relented.

The two of them didn't have to wait long before the NPC inform Sato and Gray that they had found them an opponent to PK. They wished each other all the best before focusing on their screens.

For Sato, the disguised Dark Elf had spawned in the PK Ground. Sadly for him, the terrain he had spawned in was a plains biome that only had trees in the outer periphery. From the beginning Sato knew that he was at a disadvantage. To make matters worse, zooming in on his tablet, Sato realised that he was up against a man dressed in a fiery red robe that had fire sparks flickering around his character. In his hand, there was a wooden staff that was burnt black. The ember on the staff had not even been extinguished which made the weapon look even more imposing. Looking at the person's level, it showed that he was lvl50. There was a 20 level gap.

Yet, Sato wasn't nervous and was simply excited to begin the PK. On the other hand, the Mage player, DrEpicsauce had came online that night and the NPC had sent him a message stating that there was a New Player PK chance for him at that moment. DrEpicsauce was actually the number 1 player on the PK leaderboards and would normally not receive PK chances such as this. Since he was the number 1 player, he could only receive battle invites from the 50 players below him. Things like New Player PK notifications would never pop up for DrEpicsauce as there wasn't many newcomers that even had the stats or equipment to rival his.

The player was a Mage specialising in Fire Magic and he was already using the Burning Magic Force equipment set that increases his Fire Magic power by 150%. In addition, his weapon that looked like a burnt stick was a unique grade weapon that he had attained by chance during a fortuitous encounter. The staff was named "Yggdrasil's Torrefied Branch" which highlighted the significance on such a weapon. The most legendary tree in Ronan was made into a weapon and it was a weapon that grew with the player. Only DrEpicsauce had been recognised as it's true owner, meaning no other player could steal it from him via nefarious means.

Knowing that, most players that were familiar with PK rankings, would never accept a PK request with DrEpicsauce. As of 2 months ago since the player had joined the Under Lvl50 ranking, DrEpicsauce had not lost one match. He was the undefeated champion that sat comfortably on his throne.

When guy who controls DrEpicsauce saw the player description of the new PK contestant that the NPC had assigned for him, his mouth went agape. What the hell is the NPC thinking?! It was already rare enough that the NPC had assigned him to PK someone through the New Player PK function. It was even rarer for him to fight against someone that was only level 30. Was there something special about this Dawnlore player? That was what DrEpicsauce wanted to know. The NPC would not do something for no reason.

As such, the number one PK contestant had accepted the invitation and equipped his very best equipments and accessories. He entered his try hard zone as his eyes focused on Dawnlore. The instant the countdown for the battle finished, DrEpicsauce immediately swung Yggdrasil's Torrefied Branch and from the sky came raining down flaming meteors. There was the rumbling of the earth as the meteors got closer to the ground.

The strongest part about the Yggdrasil's Torrefied Branch was the unique passive ability that was attached to the weapon. The ability was "Wordless Casting".

*Wordless Casting

*The player can use any spell without saying the spell incantations aloud.

What Wordless Casting entails was that DrEpicsauce could use and fire off any spell with the thought of his head. Typically, a mage would be required to read out an incantation, which at best, would take 2 to 3 seconds if the mage was fluent with it. It is because of this limitation that resulted in almost no mages being in the top 20 rankings of both types of PK Rankings.

It was this reason that no one dared to challenge DrEpicsauce. With no incantations, the man would be able to continuously use spells without break. It was akin to a grownup toying around with a little kid.