Chapter 39: A Shopping Spree (4/5)

Start from the beginning

"Okay, this guy's REALLY getting on my nerves..." Sonic growled, mentally. My attention was suddenly brought up to him. "Who does he think he is???" Ex added, eyeing Jikal suspiciously. I took a quick glance at Jikal. "They're mistaking you as someone close to me. Someone REALLY close. Closer than a best friend..." I sent a mental note to Jikal. He seemed to get it from the way he tensed up. 

He cleared his throat and brought a hand up from his chin. I looked at him,— he was eyeing both Sonic and Ex, as if he was thinking about something. I looked back at the two speedsters and faked a smile. "Really now...?~" He chuckled in a mischievous way. I mentally face-palmed and sighed. 

". . . What are you up to now, Jikal...? I thought you said you were here to guide me in choosing the right husband, not to choose FOR me!" I recalled. He smirked and looked at me. "Yeah, I know, I'm not amnesiac." He replied. "How about...?~ We take things up to a whole new level...?~" I faced him,— taking me by surprise. "Jikal, whatever this is you're planning on doing, I don't like it." I warned him.

What happened after, shocked me to the core. 

He smirked and instantly wrapped an arm around my waist, before pulling me closer towards him. I let out a small yelp. Shocked,— and angry, I faced him. "OKAY, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING, JIKAL?! LET ME GO!" I shouted. His smirk still remained,— as if it was stuck on his muzzle, permanently. "Shh, just go with it..." He told me, sounding genuinely serious. I sighed and looked back at Sonic and Ex and-... Oh, boy....

Their faces were indescribable. 

They had a look of utter confusion, mixed with pure hatred, and a butt load of jealousy. 

If looks could kill, then Jikal would've been slaughtered already. Then his remains would be chopped into body parts, then sliced into pieces, and then with whatever was left will be burnt to ashes. If that's even possible...

"Dear Highests, you've got some serious issues, (Y/N)... I think I'm gonna be sick!-" Jikal retorted,— even though that stupid smirk was still on his face. I silently laughed. "That's what you get for reading my mind and invading my privacy, (insert very insulting nickname). Not to mention, this!" I snapped back. He ignored me and continued on.

"Oh, you must be Sonic! And uh, you're... Ex, right? You're the ones (Y/N) introduced me to earlier ago, correct?" Jikal asked,— mistakenly switching them both as each other on purpose, and he seemed to hit a nerve. Well, nerves.

". . . Okay. What the hell is happening??? What is this?" Sonic seethed in anger as he clenched his fists and eyed Jikal. "I don't really know, and I don't want to fucking know, but if this guy doesn't take his fucking hands off of her, I'm gonna be able to murder someone today." Ex threatened; a spark of something dangerous manifesting in his pitch-black eyes. 

That old Sonic.Exe that I knew began to appear. 

His quills began to darken and his form began to momentarily glitch. I felt a lump develop in my throat. "Uhh, Jikal...? I think you need to stop..." I warned him. He smirked even more and his grip around me began to tighten, but in a reassuring way. "It's okay... Just let him do his thing..." He assured me. I looked back at Sonic and Ex. 

Sonic now has his arms crossed. He seemed to be busy glaring at Jikal. "I really don't tolerate your foul language, Ex, as well as your disgusting death threats as such, but since this guy won't leave us alone, an exception WILL be made." Sonic thought. I silently gasped. They can't be serious! "They have just agreed with each other on murdering you, Jikal. I'm warning you, Ex isn't the type of demon who goes 'easy' on his victims..." I told him. 

"I know that... And this is mainly the reason why I'm doing this in the first place. If I push them towards their breaking points, you'll know their true selves." Jikal explained. I got his point, but it still wasn't an excuse! "I don't care, Jikal. Just stop! You're gonna get yourself in trouble!!!" I begged him. 

"Uh, actually, buddy... You got it all wrong..." A voice startled me. 

"I'M Sonic, HE'S Ex." Sonic corrected Jikal,— still glaring at him. "(Y/N)...?" Tails called out. I looked behind to see the gang watching us. Just like Sonic and Ex, they were confused. Tails was looking at me straight in the eye. "Uhh, care to explain what's happening...?" He thought. I sighed and looked back at Sonic and Ex to avoid suspicion from others.

By now, Jikal, Sonic, and Ex were having a heated conversation.

"Jikal here is 'testing' Sonic and Ex. He's trying to push them to their limits until they go completely mad." I sent Tails the message. "Oh... But-... Why would he do that???" He asked again. I rolled my eyes and sighed once again. This is getting tiring. "He's trying to push them to their limits so that he could see if which one of them would be a good 'husband' for me-...

"HUSBAND?!?!?" Tails freaked out.

. . . . Right.
Nobody else besides Jikal knows....

". . . Shit." I cursed to myself. 

To Be Continued...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~