Chapter 38: A Shopping Spree (3/5)

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

They won't understand. They'll stay away from me. I'm scared to loose them. I don't know why... 

". . . Is it because..." I trailed off, eyes widening when the sudden realization hit my face. I sighed at my dumbness and planted a palm on my forehead. Jikal chuckled even more when he noticed my frustration. ". . . I'm afraid to tell them the truth because I'm afraid I'll loose them..." I concluded with my thoughts. 

". . . And you're afraid to loose them because...?" ". . . Because I love them." I answered Jikal's question. I looked at him with wide eyes. He was just smiling at me, genuinely. His face displayed content and pride,— as if he was proud of me because of my own discovery. 

"Huh. Took you a long time to realize that." He crowed. 

My eyes widened once more as I decided to take a glance up ahead. The others were already ahead of us. 

We were planning to go to the mall to go shopping and get ready for the event tonight. The whole gang were already spending their time together, talking to each other and laughing. Even Ex was having his time of his own; walking with Tails and Sonic whilst talking to them.

I found myself smiling at this. "It's funny," I spoke up while watching them laugh at something. "At first, Ex was too afraid to confront his dopple-ganger and his friends. He also claims that he hates Sonic. And yet..." I trailed off as I looked at Jikal. 

He faced me back and raised an eyebrow, waiting for me to continue. "Here he is. Spending the time of his eternal life with the gang as if, they never became enemies before." I finished the thought while looking back at them. Currently, they were now in front of a shoe store, looking at some shoes in display. 

Jikal mumbled and looked at the sky in uncertainty, then looked back at me with an unsure face. "Well, yes... But actually, no." He trailed off. I instantly faced him with a confused expression. "How come?" I added. "Currently speaking, they ARE getting along as if they never became enemies... But, uh-..." He stopped. I raised an eyebrow at this, patiently waiting for him to continue.

"I mean, the gang will maintain their friendship... But-... Sonic and Ex... They'll-... Become enemies again, eventually..." He trailed off once more as his gaze drifted away. We were now a few feet away from the gang. ". . . Why?" I asked, becoming partly curious and anxious about his statements. 

I mean, I should be worried... Jikal has already seen the future, so...-

"That brings us back to the marriage stuff..." He finally spoke up, stopping himself as he faced me with a look that asks for permission for him to go on. I nodded at him. 

"I told you, if a Princess kisses her Sorumeito, they'll get married in the future... The Chains of Destiny only strengthens their bond. It's impossible for a Princess to NOT marry her Sorumeito, because the Chains don't break." He explained while he gestured towards the chains on my wrists,— which were still connected to both Sonic and Ex, and surprisingly, even if it's invisible to the eye, it can be partly seen because of the glowing outline of it.

Since I've learned about the truth, the chains began to glow for some unknown reason. I just shrugged it off because the chains usually glow on their own. But this time, it won't stop. It just kept glowing and glowing.

"If the Chains DO break, well.... That's mostly impossible. No being or creature strong enough can break it, because it can never be broken." Jikal continued, realizing shortly after that he was getting a bit far from his point. "My point is, you kissed Sonic and Ex when they were 'fused' together. Then that means both of them are eligible to marry you, and you're both chained to them..." He trailed off.

". . . And it's pretty obvious that you can't marry both." He pointed out. I immediately stopped in my tracks and looked at him with wide eyes. He stopped as well and looked back at me. "Then that means..." I trailed off as I glanced at the big shoe store in front of us. I haven't noticed that the gang have gotten inside already. 

Through the large, glass window in front, I could see Amy, Rouge, and Blaze picking out heels that best fits their desires. They were obviously complementing each other while they were trying out different shoes. Knuckles, Shadow, and Silver were looking around in different aisles. 

Cream and Tails were sitting on a couch; and it seems like they've already bought something. And the last were Sonic and Ex. 

Sonic was talking to a security guard. He was smiling sheepishly whilst rubbing the nape of his neck as the guard was eyeing him and Ex. The security guard crossed his arms and glared at the both of them. I couldn't quite hear what they were talking about, but the guard seems like they were scolding Sonic and Ex about something.

Ex raised his hands up in defense, and he kinda looked apologetic. He shook his head and rubbed the nape of his neck in a sheepish way. Sonic smiled weakly at the security guard and wrapped an arm around the guard's shoulders. The security guard did nothing but to frown at him.

Sonic gave a friendly grin and put both of his hands together like in a praying position. A sign for 'sorry'. The security guard sighed and handed him something. It was a gun. Shadow's gun. The one Ex borrowed from him earlier. Sonic's face lightened up and he took the gun and gave it to Ex. He then grinned at the guard and thanked him.

As the guard went back to their post, Sonic frowned at Ex and slapped his shoulder. Ex frowned at him and rubbed his shoulder in pain.

I suddenly snapped out of my trance as I looked back at Jikal. He was looking at me; patiently waiting for me to continue. 

"Then that means.." I continued. I looked back at Sonic and Ex. They were now arguing with each other because of the fact that Ex's borrowed gun was confiscated for bringing it into a public store.

". . . If I can't marry the both of them, then..." I trailed off as Jikal gave me a knowing look.

". . . That means, I have to choose."

To Be Continued...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~