Chapter 18: Dragon

Start from the beginning

Most of them had the decency to look away, however, Ashido was blatantly staring, which she was reprimanded for by Iida, making her turn away.

However, a little surprisingly, Tsu was sneakily watching out of the corner of her eyes, trying to be a little more secretive about it. I guess girls are curious, too?

Either way, back on my end, I pulled my suit back on and stretched out the fabric, tying it to the two branches, making a plus sized slingshot!

It was about half the size of myself, and the elastic was already wrapped tightly around the branches, meaning I should have some strong shots.

Almost halfway through my time, I hastily blinked with the slingshot and gathered a bunch of the larger stones. I then blinked back to where I was within range of Ryukyu, and I planted the slingshot into the ground as best as I could.

She eyed me suspiciously, and figured out pretty quickly what I was doing. Launching rocks that big at her in human form would take her out easily, so she'd have to transform and come over to me.

"You sly little -" she didn't finish whatever she was muttering to herself as a rock came her way.

She just barely dodged it, and looked at me a little worried. "Hey, Ryukyu-san! I've gotten a little faster since we met! Check this out!"

I loaded a smaller rock onto the slingshot, and released it. I immediately teleported another rock into place and launched that, launching about seven in a single second.

There was no chance she could avoid all of them, a few of them hitting her. One scraped her right arm, another got her right in the stomach. The last one got her left thigh.

She grit her teeth, "You wanna play rough?" She grinned at me as she transformed into her dragon form. Yes!

Coming towards me, I tried to act scared, when really, all I wanted was for her to come after me. A game of cat and mouse was exactly what I wanted, and she was playing right into my hand.

Before she got to me, I teleported a little backwards, and launched some bigger rocks at her. She blocked them, but kept coming after me. I teleported backwards again.

Time for more acting! "Damn it... I should've explored more..." I tried to bait her into believing I couldn't go any further.

Well, actually, it wasn't baiting, because I was really at my limit. I was at the tree where I got my slingshot from.

She smirked and swiped at me, aiming for the weapon, and breaking it. At first I looked shocked at where it had been smashed too, before grinning at Ryukyu devilishly.

"Catch me if you can, Ryukyu-san."

I blinked forward three times, as close to the gate as I could get. Running at about five meters a second it would take me another twenty seconds to reach the gate.

Ryukyu ran as fast as she could towards me, picking up speed fast. She must've been running at around fifteen meters a second. Four hundred meters to go, I should be safe from her.

But she started going faster and faster, closing the distance between us. Crap. Better run faster myself then! I gave it my all, running like a madman, like my life depended on it.

Wait, if she slipped somehow, my life really did depend on it! Come on, the gate is just a little further... A few more seconds!

The thudding from her footsteps shook my whole body and suddenly stopped. I glanced back and my eyes widened. She freaking jumped at me! Ten tons of muscle careering towards me with no way to slow down!