Wand of Monarchs.

Start from the beginning

"You need anything? Would you like me to stay here?" The knight asked him.

Marco shook his head no, and she merely nodded respectfully, leaving him for the princess to deal with.

Marco looked at his room, and everything was rather messy. His phone was dismantled and left in pieces on the table, and they sat by a rather old book that he had never seen before. He walked over to it and closed it to read the title.

"Fairytales of Mewni? What is this?" He asked himself while picking up the book.

It was quite an oddity, but Marco saw no use for it, and he knew it not to be Star's, so he tossed it into a steel trash bin set by the dresser.

He then turned and began to undress out of his dirty clothes. Off came his shirt, and he saw that his body was rather filthy as well. Perhaps the bath was in order? He knew it to be something he needed, but he wanted to talk to Star before wandering about.

He slid his pants off first, followed by his undergarments. That was when he noticed that the entirety of his numb leg was wrapped in bandages. He could see the dry patches of blood that had soaked through.

"Oh!" He said, struck by sudden worry.

What had happened? Not just that, but who had taken care of such a wound? It made no sense, and beyond that, he had no recollection of anything other than going to bed last night.

He looked around the room for some kind of clue, maybe a struggle, but the only out of place thing besides the book was a random pink boot that probably belonged to one of Star's crazy outfits.

Marco shook his head. He couldn't figure it out, but whoever had helped him, he felt thankful for. He pulled out fresh clothes from the dresser and slowly dressed.

The clean black shirt was rather easy, but putting on the semi tightfitting jeans proved somewhat tricky due to the thick bandages and numbness.

Once he managed to dress, he left his destroyed clothes lying in the center of the room. He plopped down on his bed and just rested his forehead into his hand. He felt drained, and though there were no answers, he was just happy to be back here.

...

It wasn't long at all of a sit until Star came bursting into his room. "Marco! You're okay!" She ran over to him and immediately wrapped her delicate arms around him. "You had me so worried. When I came home last night, you weren't here and all!" She said.

"Star... I..." He shut his eyes and wrapped his arms around her, taking in the warmth that she provided him after having slept in a field.

"What happened to you?" Star demanded. "Your phone was in pieces on the table over there this morning, and my phone has gone missing... So, I couldn't call anybody else to help locate you!"

"I don't know... I just woke up in a field and..." He began.

"Marco!" Star interrupted. "What happened to your hand?" She said as she noticed the nasty gash along his palm and took his hand into hers.

Marco was at a loss; he couldn't really answer the question.

As he sat there quietly, Star seemed to become ever more bitter over time. "..."

"Is something wrong, Star?" Marco asked as he squeezed her soft and delicate hand.

"When I was looking for you and asking everyone if they saw you, the knights stationed outside claimed to have seen you enter into one of Tom's chariots." She said in a seething tone.

"Tom's chariot?" Marco said, befuddled. "I would never go talk to Tom, especially since you became my girlfriend."

"That's why I think something fishy is going on," Star stated and raised to her feet, turning to look into Marco's eyes.