Urban Legend.

Author's Note. Well, here it is the world premiere of chapter 5, nobody else on the internet has seen this yet.  I have had this hidden for over half a year, but people seem to like it on here kinda so I am secretly releasing it to Wattpad.  I don't know if I will release other chapters early, but maybe.  All the votes I have received so far have been encouraging, so I thank everyone who supports me and makes me feel good. 

Please. Remember to vote on chapters if you like my story, as it tells other readers of its quality and helps more people see my work. Thank you kindly.

Cover image commissioned and drawn by NamelessHiredArtist. https://www.deviantart.com/namelesshiredartist

Please go and view their art and commission them. They have incredible talent, and I was lucky to have them draw anything for me.

"Marco, please... Talk to me... Tell me what I've done wrong." Star's sad and almost crying voice quivered on the other end of his door.

"I... I thought... I don't..." Star became even more desperate as she tried to hold back a sob.

......

......

......

Marco arose from his spot on the bed, a place from which he had not moved for more than two days. His mind was blank, and he was struggling to understand why he was in such a depressed mood. A faint remembrance of something lost, but what or who he couldn't recall no matter how hard he tried.

He moved forward slowly until he reached his bedroom door, and he could hear Star lightly crying on the other end. Why was he putting her through so much? What sense did this all make? Everything seemed normal, yet he felt torn.

His hand slowly reached up and grabbed ahold of the golden latch, and with a quick slide, it clicked open. Once that was done, the door slowly opened, and a disheveled and unkempt Marco reunited with a red, puffy-cheeked Star.

"Uhhh.... hi..." Marco said weakly.

Star abruptly pushed forward into the room and wrapped her arms around his body. "I was so worried about you!" She cried out, as her tears wet his shirt. "I-I couldn't figure out what I did or why you wouldn't talk to me." She said in a pathetic, needy tone.

Marco blinked and stared blankly at her, searching his memory for the faintest of reasons as to why that could be. There was nothing there but the small feelings of loss and the residual pain that accompanied it.

"I... Well I..." Marco tried to speak and comfort Star. "I really don't know. I just feel really down, like something is missing or wrong."

Star pulled herself away from him and looked him over. "Well, your hoodie is missing. Could that be it?" She asked, unsure if losing it could cause such a drastic change in him.

"I..." Marco began, and then faint images of him, locking his door in fear returned. Why had he done that? "Maybe I am just overreacting. I am not used to Mewni like everyone else is around here." He rubbed the back of his head with his hand.

Star nodded. She may have been skeptical of his reasoning, but she was just happy to have him open the door and speak to her again. Both could remember the kisses of passion and pleasure they had experienced with one another, but all else felt hazy.

"Why don't you wash up and have breakfast with me?" Star suggested, trying to push him even further out of his self-imposed prison.

Marco felt unsure but found there wasn't much of a reason to decline. The past day or two was lost to him. Perhaps he had slept the entire time away in his low mood? It sounded reasonable, but he really couldn't explain his actions any more than Star could.