2:9

I'm awoken by cold fingers trailing the sides of my body. I flutter my eyes open as River runs his hands up and down my sides.

I stretch my limbs and pull the sheet up to my neck before rolling on my back to face him. He has a innocent smile spread across his face, and it makes me happy to see him like that. His hazel eyes sparkle with mischief as he leans down and kisses me.

I melt into the kiss and grip the base of his neck to get closer to him. He molds his bare torso against me and I can't help the heat that begins to pool in my belly.

Memories of what happened last night rolled through my head and I blushed at the images. River pulls away from me and glances at my now crimson cheeks before a lazy smile plays of his delectable lips.

"Last night was amazing" he mumbles against my lips before placing another kiss there.

I hum in agreement and run my hands through his already mussed hair. The smile hadn't left my face since he told me he loved me.

He slides off the bed after one more kiss and grabs my hands before pulling me with him.

"Shower with me?" He asks with a gleam in his golden eyes.

"Do you even have to ask?"

He smiles deeply and swoops towards me before picking me up bridal style and carrying me into the bathroom across the hall.

God I hope no ones home.

He sets me down on my feet and turns the shower on as I grab two towels and my coconut shampoo.

I brush past River and step into the shower and let the warm water cascade down my body. He steps in right behind me and wraps his arms around my waist before peppering my neck with small kisses.

I close my eyes and tilt my head to the side to allow him more access. This was a side of River I could get used too.

"You gonna share the water princess?" He whispers in my ear.

I turn to face him with a smile and wrap my arms around his neck before pulling him under the stream of water with me and kissing him.

"Fuck I can't get enough of you" he mumbles through the kiss as his hands squeeze my hips.

I smile through the kiss and pull away from him before grabbing my coconut shampoo and squirting a dime sized amount in my palm. Now that my hair is short, I don't need as much. I'm still getting used to it.

As I'm getting ready to put the shampoo away, River grabs it out of my hand and squeezes some into his palm.

I quirk an eyebrow at him. "Why don't you just use Alex's shampoo?" I ask with a small giggle.

He shrugs in response and lathers his hair. "I like the smell of you, I like smelling you on me" he states matter of factly.

My cheeks heat up and I turn away from him to wash my hair. He lets out a small chuckle and gently grabs my slightly bruised wrist. It was fading but still noticeable. I flinch slightly as a sharp pain exudes my arm.

River quickly removes his hand from me and a dark look crosses his features as he steps away from me.

I quickly reach out to him and step closer, closing he distance he just created.

"It's not you I promise" I assure him. "It just still a little sensitive"

He glances down at the marks on my wrist and a pained look replaces the dark one that was there only seconds before.

He slowly grabs my hand and pulls my arm up to his face, where he proceeds to leave soft kisses on every inch of the bruised skin.

"I should've been there sooner" he mumbles as he drops my hand. "Hell I shouldn't have let you leave in the first place. I-I'm sorry I couldn't protect you" he whispers the last part gazing into my eyes.

"I know, but none of that matters River. What matters is now, you and me, together"

I could tell he wanted to run, I could see it in his hazel eyes. This flipped so fast and I was afraid I couldn't get him back.

I cup his face with my hands and try to reassure him. "Hey I'm fine, we're fine. I love you"

I watch as his eyes twinkle slightly as those three words leave my mouth.

"Don't run from me" I whisper

He wraps his arms around my waist and leans down to kiss me. Thousands of questions filtered through my mind, and before I could stop it they were taking over.

I pull myself free from his hold and rinse the shampoo out of my hair. He raises an eyebrow at my sudden mood change but doesn't say anything.

I squeeze the water from my hair and step out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my body.

"Princess?" River asks pulling the curtain back and turning off the water.

I walk out of the bathroom and across the hall to my bedroom. I hear him stumble around before he's behind me.

"Emery what the hell happened? What's wrong?" He asks as he grips the top of my arm.

I turn to face him and get slightly distracted by the water trailing down his defined chest. I'd seen him shirtless before but damn I haven't taken the time to appreciate it.

He had more tattoos than I remember and his muscles were more defined. I watch entranced as the droplet moves from his pecs, down every crevice of his abs before finally letting lost in the trail of hair leading towards his ... you know.....

I shake my head of the mental image before my face turns red.

I didn't know what the hell was wrong with me but tears sprung to my eyes and a sob overtook my body. Rivers eyes soften and he pulls me into his solid, wet, chest. He combs his fingers through my knotted hair and leaves a kiss on my forehead.

"What's going on in that head of yours" he mumbles before pulling away slightly and brushing my hair from my face. 

All the things he told me yesterday finally cut through my fogged head. I didn't even now how he knew where I at in the first place. But that wasn't what bothered me the most.

Before I could stop myself I word vomit my question.

"Did Faye have the baby? Are you a father?"

Oops. I need to make another chapter now. I got slightly carried away in the writing and lost room 😬😬