1:3

The lighthouse had always been my safe haven. Once my dad disappeared it was the place I felt closest to him. It was a trek to make it up the stairs but the view from the top was worth it.

Being in the edge of town a look to the right and you saw a endless vast of water, and to the left you got a view of the whole town of Bristol.

Once I finally make it to the top I take a seat at the edge and lean my arms against the railing. The music from the party was faint, but I could see the fire glowing like it was right in front of me.

I close my eyes and listen to the sound of the waves crashing along the rocks below me and take in the smell of the sea water.. and cigarette smoke?

My eyes snap open as I look around. My eyes widen when I see a guy a few years older than me leaning against the side. A cigarette was hanging loosely from his lips. He had a piercing in his lip and one in his nose.

When he sees me looking at him a smirk sets on his face.

"Don't mind me princess. Just continue what you were doing"

Princess?

"Um my name is Emery and I'm sorry I didn't realize someone else was up here" I tell him standing up and wiping my hands on my shorts.

He tilts his head to the side and quirks an eyebrow at me.

"You're pastor Johns daughter aren't you?"

"Step daughter" I hiss

The stranger lifts his hands up and steps out of the shadows. My breath catches in my throat when I see him clearly. His raven black hair was hanging in front of his face, and his hazel eyes were piercing and empty.

But what really caught my attention wasn't the black ink that peeked out from under his shirt, or his height- he was tall, at least 6'3 - but it was the scar on his face.

It went from his left temple down towards his ear.

He didn't fit in here.

"Right. Anyway princess I'll be out of your hair" he says gripping the door handle.

"Wait!"

He tilts his head again.

"Um what's your name? When did you move here?"

He releases his grip and stalks over to me.

"What makes you think I'm new?" He asks once he reaches me

"I've been in Bristol my whole life and I never seen you around here."

A chuckle sounds from deep within him that turns my bones mushy.

"I'll give you this princess, you sure are smart."

I roll my eyes as a smirk makes its way onto his gorgeous face.

Wait what?

He walks closer to me and cages me in between his body and the railing. His hands were rested right next to mine, not quite touching but I could still feel the heat radiating off of him.

"Don't worry. I won't be in your perfect little town long. I'll be gone by the end of the summer."

There was something so intimidating about him, he wasn't a big guy not like Reed anyway. He was thin and small.

He pulls away and winks at me before turning on his heel and opening the door.

"See you around princess" he says before he's gone.