1:21

-EMERY-

The look in his hazel eyes caught me off guard. I had never seen that look before from him. I didn't know what he was doing here but deep down I was glad to see him.

His chest was rising and falling in an unsteady beat and he was soaked due to the rain that was currently pouring from the sky.

When his eyes lock with mine he takes a deep breath and releases it as his muscles and body relax. I couldn't help but admire the way his raven hair fell over his eyes, or the way the raindrops traveled in the curve of his scar.

He was beautiful in a tortured soul kinda way.

"Princess" he breaths out as he slowly steps towards me.

I wipe my nose on the sleeve of my shirt and he steps even closer to me, until we were only inches apart.

"What are you doing here River?" I ask him in a meek voice.

"I needed to see you. I needed to make sure you were okay."

"I thought we were supposed to be staying away from each other" I say through the sniffles.

A pained expression crosses his features as his eyes drop to the ground.

"I've tried so hard to stay away from you. But I can't do it princess. I can't stay away." He says dragging his eyes back up to mine.

"There's something inside me that yearns to protect you. I promised I wouldn't let anything happen to you and I promised I would keep you safe. I may be a lot of things, but a liar isn't one of them. I'm going to keep my promise to you."

My tears continue to mix with the rain as they both run down my face and drop onto my soaked shirt.

River gently raises his hand and cups my cheek before he wipes the wetness from under my eyes. His touch ignited a fire within me and I couldn't stop the heat that bloomed deep inside.

I have never been touched like this before, and of all people River was the last one I expected to ever touch me this gently.

"I'm tired River. I'm tired of everything. I just want to die I don't have a reason to live without my dad here. He was the only thing I had." I sob

River pulls me into his chest and wraps his arms firmly around me.

"I'm so sorry princess." He mumbles into my hair

The sky continues to cry as I snuggle deeper into his neck. I inhale deeply and embrace the familiar sandalwood scent that invaded my senses.

"I don't know what to do anymore. I can't handle it."

River rubs soothing circles on my back and holds me tighter than before.

"It'll all turn out alright, you just need to fight for a little longer. I swear it'll get better. Nobody deserves happiness more than you Emery"

He releases me from his embrace and pulls away slightly before resting his forehead against mine and placing his hands on my hips.

"How can you promise that?" I ask as my hands rest on his chest and my fingers start to play with the pendent around his neck.

"Because I'm going to make it my goal to get that gorgeous smile back on your face. I'm going to do everything in my power to make you happy again"

His hazel eyes bore into mine and I couldn't look away. Honestly I didn't want too. My body heated up despite the freezing rain that was pouring down.

"River" I whispered his name.

I was drowning in a golden sea and I didn't want to be pulled out. I wanted to drown in him. I was embracing it, embracing the fact that this was a bad idea.

His face had moved closer to mine and his hands had rested on my waist as his thumbs tucked themselves under the hem of my shirt and brushed the newly discovered bare skin there.

A shiver overtook my body as his fingers brushed my skin ever so gently. My heart rate had increased along with my breathing.

This was so intense for me, almost to intense. I wanted him to either let go of me or kiss the life out of me.

Almost as if he could read my mind he glances down at my lips before locking his gaze with mine again. Ever so slightly he brings his face closer to mine and brushes his lips against mine.

The kiss is soft and gentle before he pulls away.

A small smile curves up his lips as we stare in to each other's eyes. There was something so passionate about this moment and I couldn't help myself.

I move my hands to his face and stand on my tiptoes before smashing my lips against his. His grip on my waist tightens as he pulls my body flush against his.

Water dropped onto our faces as we molded ourselves together. He brushed his tongue against my bottom lip begging for access that I so desperately granted.

His tongue brushed against mine as he invaded my senses. I tasted mint and a hint of smoke as he explored my mouth.

His hands drag tantalizingly slow down my body until he cups my thighs and picks me up. I wrap my legs around his slim waist and he slowly walks until my back is pressed against the cold metal wall, all while never breaking the kiss.

He slowly grinds his hips against my core and the pressure of his growing solid member sent a scorching heat to my center.

River breaks the kiss and moves his lips to my neck as he leaves a hot trail of open mouthed kisses down my neck and throat, lightly biting on my skin before sucking on it.

A deep groan sounds out of him as I pull on the roots of his hair slightly. His hair tickled my collarbone as he sucks on my earlobe.

The sweet spot between my legs began to ache as his hands began lifting my shirt.

This was to much to fast even though it felt so good.

"R-River Wait."

He stills and buries his face into my neck as his muscles tighten.

He drops my legs while keeping his head in my neck and his hands on my hips.

"I-I'm sorry, I just- its to fast" I breath out.

He snaps his head up and shakes it fast.

"No princess. Don't apologize, I'm the one that should be sorry, I got a little carried away"

I show him a weak smile before wrapping my arms around his neck and snuggling into his chest. He wraps his arms around my waist and places a quick kiss on my forehead.

"Let's get you home before you catch a cold"

Eeeeeee it's been so long since I've posted a chapter.

At long last they finally kissed! There is so much sexual tension between the two of them and I love it 😆