2:3

-EMERY-

Alex has been trying for the past week to get me out of the house and I haven't budged. I've stayed in my room and barely hang out in the apartment. Harrison and Rebecca had grown on me, they were complete opposites but they were so compatible. They completed each other.

"Come on Emmy, you're coming with us to this party" Alex says as he yanks me off the sofa.

"Why?" I whine and cross my arms.

"Because you need to get out of the house" Rebecca pipes up from behind him.

"And it's Rebecca's birthday" Harrison states from the other room.

"Ugh fine but I hate you all" I grumble as I get up and head toward my room.

It was smaller than my other room but I was happy to have a place to stay. It was homey and I loved that. The twin sized bed was pushed against the wall and the closet was the opposite end of the bed. The room was to small for a dresser, but it had an end table and a bookshelf on each side of the closet.

A soft knock on the door catches my attention as I take my hair down.

"Come in"

Rebecca steps into the room and shares a small smile with me.

"What's up?" I ask after a few seconds of silence.

"I just wanted to see how you were holding up, check in and see what you were wearing" she states.

I shrug my shoulders and tackle my hair with the brush.

I watch as she rolls her eyes before turning on her heel and leaving the room.

I grab my phone and hit the shuffle button on my playlist as I sit down and attempt to do my makeup.

Just as I pick up my mascara Rebecca comes bouncing back into the room with clothes draped over each arm.

"Okay I have a few options for you" she says as she tosses the clothes onto my bed.

She turns and looks at me, pouting when she sees I'm not paying any attention to her. My mind had wandered to him and what he was doing. If it was possible this hurts him as much as it does me.

"I'm sorry" I tell her shaking my head and closing my eyes to fight the tears. "It's not personal I promise I just, I can't stop thinking." I state.

"Oh honey" she says wrapping her arms around me.

I silently cry into her shoulder as I let it out. I've been so good this whole time, until now. I cling to her and sob as his face lingers in my brain.

"Let it out Em" she says as she rubs small circles on my back.

A loud sob echos throughout the tiny room and my body heaves as I shudder and gasp for air. I needed to get over him.

I take a deep breath and force myself to stop crying. This was bad, it wasn't heathy to dwell on it. I was ruining myself.

I pull away from Rebecca and wipe my eyes with the back of my hand. She flashes a small smile in my direction before she stands up and makes her way over to the bed.

I hear her rustle around for a few minutes before she sits down in front of my with a jade green top and a black skirt. She extends her arms and places it in my lap.

"Let loose tonight, forget about him Emery. I know it's hard and it fucking hurts, but if you don't let go you won't ever find the one that was meant for you."

I furrow my eyebrows and glance at her.

"God makes a perfect match for everyone on this planet. He didn't want us to be alone, that's why he made a woman. So the man wouldn't be alone."

"Maybe River just wasn't your man. Maybe he was just a stepping stone in your path of life. Everything happens for a reason Emery, and I believe that this is a sign for you." She states before patting my leg and leaving my room.

I glance down at the soft fabric in my hands as I brush my fingers along them. I knew she was right, I needed to let loose and forget all about him.

I was determined to make the best of tonight.

I slip out of my pjs and pull the skirt up my legs and slip the shirt on over my head. It was a beautiful off the shoulder jade green sweater that Rebecca paired with a black button up skirt. I decided to add makeup but I hadn't brought any when I moved.

"Becca? Can I borrow some makeup?" I shout from my bed as I finish up brushing my hair.

"It's in my room, help yourself!" She shouts from somewhere in the house.

I straighten up my skirt before exiting my bedroom and stalking towards hers. Once there I plop down in front of her vanity and scan through her products. I didn't even know what half of this was..

After a few long drawn out minutes, I finally decide on a peach eyeshadow, I added a darker pink over the top of my lid and brushed a thick layer of liner on. I topped it off with some mascara and a light pink, glossy lip.

A satisfied smile played on my lips as I saw my reflection. I looked so different and maybe that was a good thing, maybe that's what I needed. A change.

I make quick work of adding some product to my hair and fluffing it up a bit before heading downstairs and shoving my feet into the black sandals Becca had laid out for me.

I join everyone in the living room and all eyes were on me in an instant.

"Damn. Where the hell have you been hiding that figure?" Becca asks as she glances at me.

"You look gorgeous Emmy" Harrison adds.

"Where's Alex?" I ask them.

"He's already at the beach, he went earlier to start setting up the party and organizing the dj and then deciding on what drinks to serve at the bar." Becca states with an eye roll.

I chuckle at her remark before grabbing my jacket off the chair I had previously left it draped over.

"Shall we?" Harrison asks motioning towards the door.

"Let's go have the best birthday ever baby" Becca says to him as he wraps his arm around her waist and kisses her forehead.

I slip my phone into my bra and quickly follow them out of the apartment and down to Harrison's Ford truck.

I slide into the back and once I'm buckled Harrison pulls out of his parking lot and starts driving.

I was excited to be finally getting out of the house. I haven't been to the beach since I moved here and I had a feeling in my gut that told me tonight was going to be amazing. Tonight was going to change everything for me. Tonight I was finally going to feel free.

And I couldn't be more excited.

This is Emery's outfit ⬇️ (imagine it with a green top and black skirt)

•This is Emery's outfit ⬇️ (imagine it with a green top and black skirt)

This is the calm before the storm 😈

Y'all know what's going to happen already and oof if it ain't gonna be dramatic and intense. These next few chapters man are gonna kill me.