seven

tw: none

previously:

"Thank you." Virgil breathed out. He didn't move to face Roman, he was afraid he'd breakdown again if he did, but he wanted to thank his friend for being there for him.

"Of course, dearest." Roman responded gently.

They lay all day together, wrapped in each other's arms. They were both satisfied with listening to the other's breathing and the sound coming from the bustling city streets below.

/ - \

"How do you feel today, Judy Gloom? How are you not sick of being inside all day?" Roman asked, though it was difficult to see through the lighthearted nicknames and jokes, he was legitimately worried for Virgil.

"I," Virgil paused, "I don't want to go out today."

"Alright, raincloud. Then another day in it shall be." Roman declared in a rather princely voice.

"Raincloud, really? You can find something more original than that." Virgil stated as though it was a challenge. Deep down, the nickname stung because it was so close to what Logan had called him for years.

"I suppose you're right." Roman mumbled, rubbing at his chin. He smiled wide, "firefly!"

"Alright, I'll hear you out on this. Why?" Virgil asked, eyeing the taller man closely.

"Because you light up my life."

Virgil's face flushed a bright shade of red and he couldn't help but to smile at Roman's cheesiness.

"What a lovely shade of red on you, my firefly." Roman left his place at the kitchen counter to plop down next to Virgil on the sofa.
"Hey, what if we have a nice night in? That way you get to stay in like you want to and I can still romance you like I want to."

"Alright, if you insist." Virgil agreed, smiling cheekily before meeting Roman's eyes.
"You're such a casanova sometimes."

"Hey, no. He was passionate about women. Though I do love myself some great female friends, I am a devoted man lover."

Virgil giggled, "you're stupid."

"That may be so, but I'm also very lucky." Roman retorted.

"Why?" Virgil asked.

"Because I get to have you in my life." Roman smiled.

Virgil groaned, letting himself fall towards Roman. He buried his bright blush in the sleeve of Roman's jacket.

"Stop being cheesy." Virgil mumbled.

"Only when you stop being adorable." Roman retorted.

Virgil let out a groan, he shifted slightly on the sofa, lifting his face from the sleeve of Roman's jacket to Roman's shoulder.

"I could get used to this." Roman chuckled lightly, slinging an arm around Virgil.

Virgil practically melted into the man. He did his best to conceal his smile, but failed miserably.

"Awe, your smile is absolutely adorable." Roman was grinning and Virgil growled quietly. "Oh fine, I'll stop if I must."

Virgil's growls faded out and were soon replaced by soft snores at which Roman smiled. Virgil had fallen asleep on his shoulder.

Roman closed his eyes and smiled, letting himself drift off to his own dreamworld.