five

tw: none

previously:

"Oh, right, the reason I called." Roman chuckled before continuing. "I was wondering if you and Logan would like to come up to New York and stay with me for the summer. I'm free almost all summer and early fall."

Virgil's heart jumped at the thought of going to New York. He had never really been, but had always wanted to go. He wanted to go see all of the really touristy places and take pictures so he could make a scrapbook to show the kids he nannied for.

"I'd love to, but I'm not sure about Logan. He's got work." Virgil responded, gnawing at the inside of his mouth. He didn't want Logan to be the reason he didn't go to New York this summer.

"Alright! Well, I'll leave you to talk to him. Call me back when you figure it out, I'd love to see you both again." Roman was smiling, Virgil could hear it in his voice. Roman was genuinely excited to see them, even if it was uncertain if they would come or not.

Virgil knew two things. First, he knew that was going to go with or without Logan. And second, he was going to enjoy it.

/ - \

Virgil ended up sleeping through most of the day, only deciding to get up when he got hungry.

It was nearly midnight when Virgil dragged himself out of bed and left the room.

Logan was siting at the kitchen table, tapping away at his laptop.

Virgil only glanced at him, walking past him to find something to eat.

"Roman called." Virgil's voice was quiet, but clear.

"Oh?" Logan asked. The man didn't bother to look up from his laptop, just continued tapping away.

"Yeah. Called to see if we wanted to visit him for summer." Virgil opened the fridge, pulling a Tupperware dish of leftovers from the shelf.

"Fantastic." Logan's deep, monotone voice sounded nearly uninterested.

"He lives in New York, you know." Virgil sat across from Logan at the table.

"Yes, I am aware."

"I've always wanted to go to New York."

"What are you saying, Virgil?" Logan finally looked up from the laptop. Irritation was evident in his voice.

"I'm saying that I'm going to go visit Roman for the summer in New York." Virgil's hissed.

"Oh?"

"Yes, and you're either coming with me or not."

Logan's eyes glared daggers at Virgil, but the man's voice was calm.

"I see. I suppose I could take a few weeks off of work to go with you."

Virgil's eyes lit up like a child's eyes would.

"Thank you." He yawned.

Logan closed the laptop and smiled gently, standing and looking to Virgil.

"Come on, off to bed."