eleven

tw: none

previously:

"Can we still be friends?" Virgil asked.

"Of course." Logan's deep voice was soothing to Virgil.

"Thank you. I'm sorry." Virgil apologized.

"It's alright, stormcl- er- Virge." Logan tripped over his words.

Virgil separated himself from his former lover, sniffling.

"When's your flight?" He asked quietly.

"Tomorrow morning." Logan replied quickly.

Virgil nodded, wiping his eyes with his jacket sleeve.

/ - \

Virgil watched as Logan's lean figure walked away from him.

The darkly-clad man was almost in tears as he watched his former lover of many years walk away.

Roman stood beside him, gazing at him sympathetically.

"Ro, what have I done?" Virgil spun to face the taller man.

"Gotten rid of a toxic relationship." Was Roman's simple answer.

"What if he goes and does something rash, Roman." Virgil cried out at his friend. "What if he- what if he kills himself?!" Virgil's eyes were wide and desperate, tears gathering at the corners.

"Virge, babe, this is Logan we're talking about." Roman attempted to soothe the smaller man. "He is the least likely to do something rash."

Virgil thought for a moment.

"I guess you're right." Virgil mumbled.

"Yeah, it happens sometimes." Roman lightheartedly joked, chuckling softly. "Are you ready to go, Virge?"

Virgil nodded.

"Alright, c'mon. I've got two possible plans for today if you'd like to hear them."

"Yes please." Virgil mumbled quietly.

"Well, either we could spend a day in and eat junk food and watch movies like we used to," Roman paused, "or I could take you anywhere and everywhere you want to go to and see everything we didn't see the other day."

Virgil offered his friend a small smile. "You'll take me exploring?"

"Yep." Roman replied, popping the 'p'.

"Can we go get pizza? Oh! And ice cream!" Virgil continued to list all the things he wanted to see and try while Roman made a mental list.

And for the first time in a while, Virgil was excited to go be out with someone. He was excited to be in Roman's company in New York. After the day before, he felt like a brand new person with a brand new set of problems.

//
hey guys, quick a/n.

some of you may not have seen the announcement that I posted last night on my message board, but this chapter concludes act one of theatrophile.

the story will resume two weeks from now (wednesday the 27th) with the publishing of the act two playlist and the second 'pre'.

I've been devastatingly excited all day to release this chapter (among other reasons for excitement) and am just as excited to start act two.

Love y'all!

xo,
sif <3