twelve (epilogue)

tw: none

previously:

"I don't want you to go." Roman sounded legitimately upset.

"I know, I don't want to go either." Virgil whispered. He thought if he whispered that the slight shaking in his voice wouldn't be as noticeable. "I don't want to go, but I have to." Virgil's whisper broke off and a tear slid down his cheek.

"If you cry I'm gonna cry." Roman murmured quietly, hoping to cheer Virgil up a little.

"I know." Virgil replied quietly, he couldn't stop his tears though.
"Logan helped book my plane ticket back a little while after he left. He said he'd rather do it just so that he knows it'd be done right." Virgil told Roman.

"When's the flight?" Roman asked, his voice was a quiet whisper.

"Three days from today." Virgil's whisper was quieter, almost not even audible.

Roman broke down, hot tears rolling down his face and onto the top of Virgil's head.

/ - \

The plane ride back to Gainesville was particularly hard for Virgil. Sure, he was awfully happy about most of the things that had happened that summer and New York was better than anything he could've ever imagined, but he didn't want to leave Roman.

The two decided that they were going to attempt a long distance relationship.

They called and Skyped nearly every day and it was actually working rather well for them. They even exchanged ridiculous postcards with even more ridiculous messages when they felt like being fancy. Roman had even made plans to fly down to Florida and surprise Virgil in the spring. They were happy.

Logan left the apartment that he and Virgil used to share and moved into his deceased mother's estate which he shared with Patton seeing as the man insisted he needed the 'emotional support.'

Virgil and Logan were friends once again and decided to cast all hard feelings aside for the greater good. Logan would never admit it, but he knew Roman made Virgil much happier than he had ever been able to and he was glad the man had finally found what he wanted.

As for Virgil's work, he was hired at a local, family-oriented photo company in Gainesville. He was very happy that he was given the opportunity and thoroughly enjoyed the job. He even watched the kids every other weekend.

For the first time in a while, Virgil was excited to be surrounded by all the positive things and friends in his life. He was finally able to be happy with himself and he finally found what he needed.

//an

last one, check out next chapter