four

tw: none

previously:

"Virgil." Logan said softly. His voice sounded broken, shaking as if he was about to cry.

He was.

Virgil hadn't seen Logan this close to crying in years. Logan never cried.

"I've got a headache. I'm going to go rest in the bedroom. I know you probably won't, but you're welcomed to join me." Virgil offered before getting up a leaving.

Logan didn't join him. He just sat at the coffee table in the main room and thought over what just happened.

/ - \

Virgil awoke to the sound of his phone ringing.

He reached out to the nightstand, grabbing the phone and checking the caller ID.

Princey 👑

He hesitated at first, but answered it.

"Hello?" Virgil asked, his voice seemed deeper due to the fact he had just been sleeping.

"Oh my god, did I wake you up? I'm sorry!" Roman's voice was somewhat panicked on the other end of the line.

"Ro, you're fine." Virgil assured the man.

"Are you sure? I can call you back later if you want-" Roman rambled on.

"Ro, seriously, you're fine." Virgil chuckled. "Anyways, what's up?"

"Oh, right, the reason I called." Roman chuckled before continuing. "I was wondering if you and Logan would like to come up to New York and stay with me for the summer. I'm free almost all summer and early fall."

Virgil's heart jumped at the thought of going to New York. He had never really been, but had always wanted to go. He wanted to go see all of the really touristy places and take pictures so he could make a scrapbook to show the kids he nannied for.

"I'd love to, but I'm not sure about Logan. He's got work." Virgil responded, gnawing at the inside of his mouth. He didn't want Logan to be the reason he didn't go to New York this summer.

"Alright! Well, I'll leave you to talk to him. Call me back when you figure it out, I'd love to see you both again." Roman was smiling, Virgil could hear it in his voice. Roman was genuinely excited to see them, even if it was uncertain if they would come or not.

Virgil knew two things. First, he knew that was going to go with or without Logan. And second, he was going to enjoy it.